This position will be responsible for interacting with senior management regarding budget status and procedures, as well as monitor budget and cash needs for the entire College. The Vice President will serve as liaison with outside agencies such as the North Carolina Community College System Office, Office of State Controller, Office of the State Auditor, and the Wake County Budget Office. Responsibilities will include preparing and monitoring budgets for State and County funds, coordinating internal controls with the CFO and implement adjustments to accommodate changes in operational procedures, and complete year-end budget closeout to minimize reversion of funds. This position will also calculate annual salary increases for full-time employees, update salary charts for full-time and part-time employees, review and approve all new full-time and part-time position requests, oversee and prepare deadline sensitive reports and surveys, prepare resolutions and documentation for the Board of Trustees, maintain real property lease schedules and participate in developing equipment lease agreements, and review new lease and grant agreements to verify accuracy and entirety. Also, must possess a working knowledge of financial statement preparation.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business with Certified Public Accountant licensure or Master’s degree in Business Administration
• Requires progressive leadership experience in a Community College or University environment
• Must have at least seven (7) years in Accounting with exposure to governmental policies and procedures
• Must possess a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess a level of professional computer skills