An exciting and challenging leadership opportunity exist at a comprehensive technical college located in a rural community in the Atlantic coastal region of South Carolina. The college serves an area of the state that features a diverse mixture of agriculture and business.
The Presidential Search Committee for Williamsburg Technical College, one of the sixteen colleges in the South Carolina Technical College System, invites applications and nominations for the position of President, the chief executive officer of the College.
Williamsburg Technical College is a public, two-year, associate degree, diploma, and certificate granting institution that serves the citizens of Williamsburg County. The college offers programs leading to an associate degree, diploma, certificate and continuing education units. The college also offers Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees which are transferable to baccalaureate programs. The fall 2008 student enrollment was approximately 640. The college employs a total of 67 faculty and staff in permanent positions. Williamsburg Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Geographically, Williamsburg Technical College is less than two hours from Columbia, SC; ninety minutes from Myrtle Beach, SC; ninety minutes from historic Charleston, SC and three hours from Charlotte, NC.
- Master’s degree required; an earned doctorate is preferred.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experiences in a community/technical college and/or senior-level administration.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement innovative high quality technical/occupational educational programs.
- Extensive experience in, or knowledge of, industrial and economic development programs.
- Sensitivity to the educational, economic and cultural needs of a diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively with boards and commission.
- Evidence of the ability to establish and maintain positive relations with business, industry, the general public, civic and political organizations and other educational and governmental entities.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills in the development and implementation of strategic planning processes.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. Persons interested in this leadership opportunity should submit a letter of application and current resume to:
Kandy N. Peacock
Chief Human Resource Administrator
South Carolina Technical College System
111 Executive Center Drive
Columbia, SC 29210
Telephone: (803) 896-5352
Please visit Williamsburg Technical College’s website at: http://www.wiltech.edu/
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE AGENCY.