, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking a Dean for their Arts and Sciences Department:
DEAN OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
The Dean provides overall leadership for the School of Arts and Sciences, ensuring quality instruction for students and assisting chairpersons and faculty to achieve their departmental missions and objectives. Other major functions include recommending new and revised courses and curricula, maintaining articulation with area high schools and universities, and assisting in complex problem solving. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership in the establishment and maintenance of articulation agreements with high schools and four year institutions. Attend and participate in articulation meetings with high schools and universities, and with local, regional and national organizations.
- Supervise the activities of chairpersons to ensure that departmental missions and objectives are met including the maintenance of a current quality instructional program.
- Supervise aquatic and fitness center manager.
- Evaluate tenured and non tenured full-time faculty and adjunct faculty.
- Participate in selection of new full-time and adjunct faculty. Assure appropriate academic preparation and assess teaching abilities.
- Assist in and promote staff development in the school of Arts and Sciences.
- Prepare and manage the area budget.
- Promote academic achievement through the establishment and implementation an ongoing system to review existing equipment and facilities, and develop an equipment replacement schedule.
- Provide leadership which ensures that the needs of all arts and sciences students are met through quality instruction and support services.
- Provide excellent administration of extra curricular activities and events under School of Arts and Sciences sponsorship.
- Develop, with department chairpersons, area goals and assessment and program review activities including the annual program review for arts and sciences programs.
- Provide Leadership in the assessment of the general education learning outcomes.
- Ensure that the transfer functions and records of arts and sciences courses are properly maintained.
- Collaborate with faculty staff and administrators in the continuous assessment of the School of Arts and Sciences and in the instructional planning process.
- Actively participate in college-wide committees as well as in professional activities on local, regional and national levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Services.
The qualified candidate will possess a Master's degree (Doctorate preferred) in a subject area taught at the College and will have at least two years experience as a full time faculty member. In addition, the preferred candidate will have an established record of excellent teaching at a community college or senior institution, and a minimum of three years senior administrative experience as department head or above. The ability to work effectively with faculty, students, administrators, and support personnel in a diverse community college setting is essential.
To apply, please visit our website at: jobopenings.triton.edu
Search under the "Administrative" positions.
Triton College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity institution.