Montgomery County Community College’s new President, Dr. Kevin Pollock, invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). This position provides leadership for a division that includes associate degrees, certificates and workforce development programs.
*This position will have College-wide responsibilities that include being assigned at the College's Blue Bell, Pottstown, Lansdale, Conshohocken, Virtual Campus and/or offsite locations.
For 50 years, Montgomery County Community College has grown with the community to meet the evolving educational and workforce development needs of Montgomery County. The College's comprehensive curriculum includes 100+ associate degree/certificate programs, as well as specialized workforce development training and certifications. Students enjoy the flexibility of learning at the College's thriving campuses in Blue Bell and Pottstown, online through an extensive array of e-Learning options, or at the brand new Culinary Arts Institute in Lansdale. The College also offers first-responder training programs at the Public Safety Training Campus in Conshohocken. Supporting its mission to offer high-quality, affordable and accessible educational opportunities, the College is funded by the County, the State and student tuition. Governed by a 15-person Board of Trustees appointed by the Montgomery County Commissioners, the College is fully accredited by the Commission of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
The Dean of STEM contributes to the development of the College’s strong online course and program environment and also works to strengthen credit and non-credit program planning and assessment efforts. The Dean provides visionary leadership while supporting students and faculty in meeting the College’s student success and workforce development goals. The Dean is an important liaison for the College with business and industry partners, private funders, grant agencies, university leaders and K-12 educators for enhancing and creating essential partnerships that support student success, workplace readiness and placement, and to secure alternative funding for College initiatives. The Dean will integrate credit and non-credit workforce programs of the College to offer students clear pathways to meet their goals.
· Masters degree in STEM related discipline required, doctorate preferred
· Previous teaching experience required, preferably at a community college
· Minimum 3 years administrative experience at a Director/Coordinator level or above, preferably at a community college
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Outstanding interpersonal skills, problem solving abilities, and critical thinking skills
· Demonstrates proven leadership abilities
· Experience or aptitude for working with representatives from business, industry, education, and agencies in the identification of occupational and general education programming to meet the needs of the college and community
· Experience and passion for working with K-12 educators to foster and design cooperative programs between the College and high schools
· Ability to assimilate data and organize presentations to individuals and groups
· Experience in long-range planning and outcomes assessment and a willingness to work within the College’s strategic plan and quality improvement programs
· Demonstrates commitment to excellence in teaching and learning in and out of the classroom
· Demonstrates ability to effectively supervise and manage staff
· Ability to learn and apply new technologies as tools for teaching, learning and administering
· Experience in technical and career education
· Experience in grant acquisition, management, and reporting
· Demonstrates understanding of and appreciation for developmental education, workforce development, and service learning
For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit http://www.mc3.edu/career-opportunities. Closing date for applications is 8/14/16.
Montgomery County Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.