|Associate Vice Chancellor of Finance and Strategic Planning|
|Community College System of New Hampshire|
Scope of Work: Reporting to the Chancellor, serves as the Chief Financial and Planning Officer responsible for directing all aspects of the CCSNH’s financial affairs and strategic planning. Overall responsibilities include strategic planning, financial analysis and reporting, budget management, investment oversight, and financial operations. This position also has system oversight of information technology, capital planning, facilities, and data analytics and reporting. The Associate Vice Chancellor serves as a member of the CCSNH Leadership Team.
Finance and Operations
- Serves as the key staff liaison to the Board of Trustee’s Finance, Facilities, and Audit Committees.
- Collaborates with CCSNH and College leadership to develop and implement strategic financial/business plans.
- Leads and coordinates the preparation of the CCSNH biennial operational and capital budgets.
- Leads system-wide new revenue and large grant development and maintains relationships and reporting with funders and lenders.
- Directs the financial affairs and operations of CCSNH including supervising, evaluating, and training the finance management team.
- Prepares financial projections and budgets to achieve the CCSNH’s financial objectives.
- Directs the design, development and implementation of financial and accounting systems, which result in accurate and timely financial statements for internal and external users. Develops and maintains effective financial reporting.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and reports for senior CCSNH management and the Board.
- Reviews financial data for trends and performance against strategic goals and objectives.
- Ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and other governing regulations and directives.
- Monitors cash management and investment performances and reports such to CCSNH management and Board of Trustees.
- Provides strategic oversight of CCSNH’s investment policy effectiveness.
- Oversees the functional areas of Information Technology, Facilities, and Data Analytics and Reporting. Works closely with Internal Audit.
- Assesses operational results, including benchmarking operations against peers and industry standard.
- Plans and leads process improvement initiatives in all assigned areas.
- Interfaces with CCSNH and governmental officials to define funding opportunities.
- Oversees the annual strategic planning process, including development and refinement of the Community College System’s vision, mission, and key strategic initiatives. Works collaboratively with system and college personnel in the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Provides support to the Chancellor to cultivate and maintain education and industry partnerships.
- Directs institutional effectiveness and continuous improvement initiatives which support planning, policy formation, and decision-making. Works with the Director of Reporting and Analytics to establish processes and tools for monitoring and tracking performance relative to key strategic initiatives and other system-wide performance measures.
- Oversees key strategic programs to ensure that initiatives align with the mission and vision of CCSNH, the budget development process, and operations.
- Collaborates with other leaders to ensure that our strategic goals are appropriately communicated to internal and external audiences.
- Works with the Director of Reporting and Analytics on the execution of research and reporting projects ensuring consistent and accurate tracking and reporting of key data elements.
Master’s Degree required. MBA preferred.
Minimum of eight years of experience in strategic and/or financial management in higher education, the public sector, or in business including supervisory, financial analysis, budgeting, reporting, and project management experience.
Valid Driver’s License or access to statewide transportation.
Recommended Work Traits:
Direct knowledge of accounting, financial management, budgetary and administrative systems planning, implementation, and management. Knowledge of cash management, financial investments, and capital financing principles and practices. Excellent communications and interpersonal relations skills with both internal and external constituents at all levels. Demonstrated skills in development and management of strategic plans and complex administrative systems. Project management skills including the ability to define projects, prioritize and manage multiple projects, measure and evaluate progress and outcomes, and meet timelines while producing quality work. Ability to measure and evaluate progress and outcomes. Working knowledge and experience with reporting software and ability to analyze from national and state higher education data systems. Knowledge and experience with research methods. Proven ability to apply analytical skills to problem solving. Ability to work with minimum supervision, to begin projects independently or as assigned and to bring projects to conclusion on a timely basis. Ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner. Knowledge of industry best practices and standards for administrative operations. Ability to maintain accurate and orderly records and be able to analyze and evaluate information. Ability to direct, evaluate, train, and supervise the work of assigned personnel. Understanding of effective leadership principles. Demonstrated ability and commitment to work in a team environment.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
to apply online.
|Chief Financial Officer|
|401(k), Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Training, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Salary commensurate with education and experience.|
Contact E-mail Address
|6/20/2016 12:00 AM|