LOS ANGELES COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
PRESIDENT, WEST LOS ANGELES COLLEGE
The Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President of West Los Angeles College. The Board is seeking a well qualified candidate to provide leadership and advocacy for the college, to be responsible and directly accountable for all college operations, and to be a member of the Chancellor’s cabinet.
- A master’s degree or advanced degree of at least equivalent standard from an accredited college or university. The required degree must be completed at the time of filing an application. An earned doctorate or equivalent terminal degree is preferred.
- One year of formal training, internship or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The current salary range is $196,174 to $227,937, annually. Employee benefits include 15.5 paid holidays and 24 days paid vacation annually, generous medical/hospital, dental, and vision care plans and a $50,000 group life insurance policy.
FILING AN APPLICATION
To be considered for the position, all interested applicants must submit the following using the LACCD online application system at http://apptrkr.com/819104
Online Application Form: Applicants will be required to create an applicant profile account, whereby they will be able to complete and save the online application form and submit the application materials listed below as attachments.
- A detailed letter of interest, preferably five (5) pages or less in length, providing background and experience examples which demonstrate how the applicant’s knowledge and expertise relate to the position as described in the announcement.
- A current resume of professional experience, educational background, and other pertinent information.
- A list of eight references with cellular telephone numbers and email addresses, including two supervisors, two subordinates (including one support staff member), two faculty, and two community members.
The search committee will begin reviewing applications after the extended soft-close deadline of June 15, 2016; however, late applications may be accepted until the position is filled. To be considered in the first reading, applications must be submitted by June 15, 2016. All materials become the property of the Los Angeles Community College District. Please note: Application materials forwarded by mail, fax or email will not be accepted.
After review of the application materials by the screening committee, applicant will be contacted only if selected for interview. Immediate filing is recommended. For more information, contact the LACCD Office Human Resources at (213) 891-2281 or STramel@email.laccd.edu
. For confidential inquiries or to forward nominations, contact John Romo, Search Consultant, Community College Search Services by telephone at (805) 698-7987 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information on the Los Angeles Community College District, please visit our website at www.laccd.edu
The LACCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.