SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Position Title: Vice Chancellor of Human Resources
(Office of the Chancellor)
Posting Number: 0160023
Filing Deadline(All postings close at 4:00 PM): 06-17-2016
Job Type: Classified Administrator
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as the Chief Negotiator representing the District in developing and negotiating collective bargaining agreements for academic and classified bargaining units, overseeing and facilitating implementations of the agreements, and collaborating memorandums of understanding.
2. Oversees the District's grievance process: mediates and conciliates employee grievances, represents the District in grievance hearings, directs disciplinary actions, and intervenes in supervision/employee relations problems by providing guidance.
3. Meets regularly with the Governing Board and Chancellor in closed sessions to discuss legal settlements and litigation, including employee discharge; and other legal issues within the scope of closed session topics; direct implement legal settlements and litigation pursuant to Board Action.
4. Confers with the Governing Board and senior management regarding analyses, costs, pending changes and legal compliance.
5. Oversees, develops, and implements staff development programs for faculty, staff and administrators.
6. Provides training and direction to managers in integrity; applying personnel policies, procedures, and regulations; and conflict resolution.
7. Coordinates activities with the Vice Chancellor of Administration and Finance, District General Counsel, Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, and with the Title 5/EEO/ADA/Title IX Compliance Officer to ensure the hiring of qualified faculty is within the principles of sound budgetary management, hiring guidelines, equal employment opportunity policies and guidelines, District hiring policies, and Board priorities.
8. Develops and interpret policies and procedures, including recruitment strategies for recruitment and retention of a highly qualified and diverse faculty and staff.
9. Directly supervises and evaluates Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resources and Manager of Employee Relations.
10. Oversees college reporting of Human Resources and Employee Relations data as required by the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office and other governmental agencies.
11. Ensures effective communication methods are utilized in providing employees, retirees, potential employees, and the general public information about Human Resource programs and Employee Relations services.
12. Coordinates preparation of reports to the Board of Trustees related to personnel recommendations and attends meetings concerning Employee Relations and Human Resources or other concerns as requested by the Chancellor.
13. Designs and implements long- and short-term efforts to develop internal capacity to facilitate and improve organizational effectiveness in alignment with the strategic mission and goals of the District.
14. Coordinates human resources services and organizational development programs of the District in collaboration with Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, Vice Chancellor of Administration and Finance, and Vice Chancellor of Student Development, senior staff, college administrators, and appropriate participatory governance groups.
15. Assesses staffing and develop district staffing plan in collaboration with Chancellor, Vice Chancellors, and appropriate participatory governance groups.
16. Works with a District team, including Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and IT staff to continually update, enhance, and oversee the effective use of the Banner ERP software.
17. Trains and supervises assigned staff; organize staff to plan, develop and implement programs/support services in assigned areas of responsibilities.
18. Maintains open communications with subordinates to assure a free flow of ideas throughout the organization.
19. Directs and oversees continuous review and audit of district policies and procedures related to functional areas of responsibility.
20. Serves as representative of the District to governmental agencies, civic and community groups, District and state-wide committees as upon direction of the Chancellor, including participating on CCSF Participatory Governance committees.
21. Assures timely preparation, maintenance and distribution of reports and records as required by Federal, State, local and District regulations; inform the Chancellor and other district staff of the status of assigned functions, programs, and services.
22. Serves as a member of the Chancellor's Executive Cabinet.
23. Performs other duties as assigned by the Chancellor.