The Sioux Falls School Board in Sioux Falls, South Dakota is seeking applications and nominations for the President of Southeast Technical Institute. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a progressive postsecondary technical school. Southeast Tech is located in the beautiful and vibrant community of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The school serves approximately 2,000 students enrolled in a plethora of certification, technical and joint degree programs served by approximately 180 dedicated staff members. Students have numerous on and off campus housing options.
The facilities at Southeast Tech are outstanding with the first campus building constructed in 1990 and continues with a current construction and renovation program adding 100,000 square feet of office, food service and auditorium space. The school finds itself within a community with an exceptionally high employment rate (unemployment is 2%) and local businesses clamoring for technically trained employees. The next President will be charged with continuing to expand relationships in order to better meet the needs of this robust business community.
The current President has announced his resignation effective July 1, 2016 and a start date will be negotiated with the successful candidate. The President reports to the Sioux Falls School Board.
• Progressively responsible experiences in an executive level leadership position in an organization of comparable complexity and sophistication or experience in a leadership position within postsecondary education.
The Sioux Falls School Board seeks a leader with the following characteristics:
• Collaborative leadership style who understands the importance of gaining the trust and respect of staff, students, higher education leaders, business officials and the Sioux Falls community.
• Innovative and creative abilities to match existing and new programs to the needs of a robust business community.
• Marketing skills necessary to increase student enrollment and create programs that meet the ever changing demands of business partners and employers.
• Team builder with the ability to nurture and create a high performing leadership team.
• Visible and capable of building productive working relationships with students, staff, business partners and South Dakota higher education officials.
• Visionary skills to develop and articulate a preferred future for Southeast Tech and technical education within the greater regional area of Sioux Falls and the State of South Dakota.
• Solid management, organization and systems thinking skills.
Applications are being accepted online at www.hyasearch.com. Screening and review of applications will begin immediately and continue thru June 12. Candidates with leadership experience in business and/or higher education are encouraged to apply.