Looking for high-energy, motivated individual who can achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment promoting print/promotional products and services. Personally contact and secure new business accounts/customers. The ideal candidate should be bright, energetic self-starter who can develop and follow a plan. Time will be spent on developing new opportunities with new prospects as well as calling on existing customers to protect current revenue streams. Majority of time will be spent developing and closing new opportunities in new accounts. The goal is to ensure the company consistently meets or exceeds sales and profit growth objectives within new and existing customer accounts.
· Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment, to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
· Through consultative visits with customers, determine products and services that meet their needs; both short- and long-term
· Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
· Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
· Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
· Create and manage customer potential plan for existing customers, highlighting existing revenue, potential, best opportunity, share and value opportunities.
· Identify advantages and compare organization’s products/services.
· Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing ROI for territory/segment.
· Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
General Performance Requirements
· Consult with customers on an ongoing basis to uncover needs of the business that our office can provide.
· Analyze territory/market potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers.
· Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
· Coordinate sales effort with sales management.
· Keep abreast of product applications, marketing conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and attending at least one industry trade association and/or local networking meeting per month.
· Participate in trade shows and conventions as opportunities arise.
Education and/or Experience
· Experience in the print/forms, promotional products and full-color industry as well as a proven track record in new business development and/or customer account penetration a plus.
· Highly motivated and ambitious; results oriented, ability to work independently and in team environment.
· Strong communication, organization and time management skills.
· Must have 3-5 years of experience with direct and face-to-face selling to customers and prospects.
· Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving – ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in computer and use of Microsoft Suite applications and contact management software.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. Furthermore, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.