An exciting leadership opportunity at a progressive, comprehensive technical college located in a historic rural area in the northeastern section of the Palmetto State. The college serves a population of approximately 100,000 persons in Chesterfield, Marlboro and Dillon Counties, a service area which features a strong and diverse economic base, including manufacturing, food products, textiles and agriculture.
The Presidential Search Committee for Northeastern Technical College, one of sixteen technical colleges in the South Carolina Technical College System, invites applications and nominations for the position of President, the chief executive officer of the College.
Northeastern Technical College is a comprehensive two-year technical college located in Cheraw, South Carolina. The college offers programs leading to associate degrees, diplomas and certificates in a variety of fields, including technical, business, and allied health, plus college transfer. Annual enrollment is approximately 2,700 - 2,800 college credit students and 2600 - 2700 continuing education students. The college employs a faculty and staff of 87 full-time and 129 part-time employees. Northeastern Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Northeastern Technical College is located approximately two hours from Columbia, SC; two hours from Myrtle Beach, SC; three hours from historic Charleston, SC and ninety minutes from Charlotte, NC.
· Master’s degree required; an earned doctorate is preferred;
· Ten years of progressively responsible experiences in postsecondary education and/or senior level administration; prior experience in executive level postsecondary education leadership is preferred.
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
· Demonstrated knowledge of finance, budget development and administration;
· Ability to plan and implement innovative, high quality educational programs;
· Extensive experience in, or knowledge of, industrial and economic development programs;
· Sensitivity to the educational, economic and cultural needs of a diverse population;
· Demonstrated ability to function effectively with boards and commissions; and
· Proven ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with business, industry, the general public, civic and political organizations and other educational and governmental entities.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. Initial application review and screening will commence late April 2016. The new college president will be expected to assume duties on or about July 1, 2016. Persons interested in this challenging leadership opportunity should submit a letter of application and current resume to:
Kandy N. Peacock
Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
South Carolina Technical College System
111 Executive Center Drive
Columbia, SC 29210
Or via email: NETCsearch@sctechsystem.edu
Please visit Northeastern Technical College web site at: http://www.netc.edu/
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAW OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE EMPLOYER