The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks a highly ethical, caring, energetic, dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of the Gateway Community and Technical College in Florence, KY. This leader will be responsible for achieving the student success, workforce training and campus transformation goals needed for GCTC to be a world-class community and technical college. This position will build upon and create partnerships with internal and external organizations within the community, other higher education institutions, and employers.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than 70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Gateway Community and Technical College (GCTC) is one of the 16 colleges. GCTC enrolls 4,594 students on an annual basis, has 5 campuses (3 in Covington; 2 in adjacent counties) and serves Workforce clients with customized programs and instruction.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Gateway Community and Technical College (GCTC) seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of entrepreneurial and strong leadership and accomplishments, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President. The president works closely with the GCTC Board of Directors and Foundation Board, comprised of a well-connected and engaged group of community leaders desirous of developing a top-in-the-country performing institution in student performance and community outcomes. The President is responsible for all aspects of the college’s operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels.
Gateway Community and Technical College provides high quality, affordable, accessible, and inclusive postsecondary education and training resulting in a positive contribution to the economic vitality of the region and enhanced quality of life for all citizens. Gateway Community and Technical College is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and is a public two-year degree granting institution serving the Northern Kentucky Region.
Gateway Community and Technical College will be recognized as a premier comprehensive community and technical college that meets the dynamic life-long learning needs of the global community.
The College values an environment that encourages:
- Students as full partners in their learning
- Teamwork, collaboration, and interactive learning
- Mutual respect, inclusiveness and open communication
- High standards of professional ethics and individual integrity
- Diversity and accessibility
- Quality customer service, excellence, accountability, and responsibility
- Fun and enjoyment
- Leadership abilities
- Responsive to faculty, staff, student and the community
- Effective decision maker
- Effective communicator
- Strong focus on student success and achievement
- Transformative and innovative leader, able to drive change to make the college a premier institution
- Be highly visible and approachable on campus and in the community
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to build effective teams with all of the college's employees
- Understands the economic needs of the community
- Team player
- Understands the demographics of the community and their impact on an urban campus
- Ability to work with a Board and KCTCS President
- Financial management and fundraising capabilities
- Appreciates diversity and fosters inclusiveness
- Experience with establishment of workforce development programs
1. An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university or equivalent
2. Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
3. An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside the organization
4. A transparent leader who understands and believes in the community college mission
- Senior level educational leadership is preferred
Applicants will submit for review the following:
1. A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications; and
2. A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
3. All application materials must be received by 5:00 PM EST on April 8, 2016.
The review of applications will begin April 11, 2016. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
*Please Note: All semi-finalists will be required to submit a 10 minute video presentation.
All nominations and applications should be addressed to:
KCTCS President’s Office
Attention: Jackie B. Cecil, System Director of Human Resources Job #9690
300 North Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383
For more information regarding this position, please visit the Gateway Presidential Search webpage at http://Gateway.kctcs.edu/Presidential_Search.aspx.
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.