The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks a charismatic, innovative and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of Madisonville Community College in Madisonville, KY. This leader will be responsible for achieving the student success, workforce readiness and campus transformation goals needed for MCC to be the first choice for area students. This position will build upon and create partnerships with other higher education institutions, employers and the community.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than 70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Madisonville Community College (MCC) is one of the 16 colleges. MCC enrolls 4,434 students on annual basis, has 4 campuses (3 in Madisonville; 1 in an adjacent county) and serves Workforce clients with customized instructional programs.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Madisonville Community College (MCC) seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of strong leadership, educational accomplishments and an ability to foster internal and external partnerships, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President. The president works closely with the MCC Board of Directors and Foundation Board, comprised of a well-connected and engaged group of community leaders desirous of developing a top-in-the-country performing institution in student performance and community outcomes. The President is responsible for all aspects of the college’s operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels.
Madisonville Community College’s mission is to advance an enduring and enthusiastic commitment to student-centered learning and achievement. In support of our mission and as a public comprehensive community college and member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, Madisonville Community College will:
- offer two-year associate degree curricula transferable to all colleges and universities in Kentucky;
- offer two-year associate of applied science, career-oriented technical degree curricula for immediate employment;
- offer diploma and certificate level programs, not intended for transfer, but designed to meet the changing needs of business and industry;
- provide flexible customized training opportunities for area employers;
- provide adult literacy services;
- provide non-credit personal enrichment programming; and
- provide arts appreciation and arts education opportunities
Madisonville Community College will be recognized nationally as an outstanding comprehensive community college, committed to student-centered learning, innovative programming, and access.
The College values an environment that encourages:
- Shared responsibilty for learning between student and teacher
- Mutual respect and open communication
- Open inquiry and data-based decision making
- Effective collaboration and teamwork
- Flexibility, adaptability and availability
- Professional behavior and personal effectiveness
- Community service and responsiveness
- Continuous improvement
- Diversity in all its dimensions
- Life-long learning
- Effective communicator
- Strong focus on student success and achievement
- Proven leadership abilities
- Team player
- Ability to work with a Board and KCTCS President
- Problem solver
- Be highly visible and approachable on campus and in the community
- Place strong emphasis on the mission of the college
- Understands the economic needs of the community
- Promote and continually improves the college curriculum
- Be responsive to business and industry needs
- Appreciate diversity and fosters inclusiveness
- Ability to bridge remedial programs within the college and recruit adult students
- Embrace the arts
1. An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university
2. Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
3. An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside the organization.
- Classroom teaching experience is preferred
Applicants will submit for review the following:
1. A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications; and
2. A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
3. All application materials must be received by 5:00 PM EST on April 8, 2016.
The review of applications will begin April 11, 2016. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
*Please Note: All semi-finalists will be required to submit a 10 minute video presentation.
All nominations and applications should be addressed to:
KCTCS President’s Office
Attention: Jackie B. Cecil, System Director of Human Resources Job #9691
300 North Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383
For more information regarding this position, please visit the Madisonville Presidential Search webpage at http://Madisonville.kctcs.edu/Presidential_Search.aspx.
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.