The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks an entrepreneurial, innovative and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of
the Hazard Community and Technical College in Hazard, KY. This leader will be responsible for achieving the student success, workforce readiness and campus transformation goals needed for HCTC to be a world-class community and technical college. This position will build upon and create partnerships with other higher education institutions, employers and the community.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than
70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Hazard Community and Technical College (HCTC) is one of the 16 colleges. HCTC enrolls 4,500 students on annual basis, has 6 campuses (3 in Hazard; 3 in adjacent counties) and serves Workforce clients with customized programs.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Hazard Community and Technical College (HCTC) seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of entrepreneurial and
strong leadership and accomplishments, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President. The president works closely with the HCTC Board of Directors and Foundation Board, comprised of a well-connected and engaged group of community leaders desirous of developing a top-in-the-country performing institution in student performance and community outcomes. The President is responsible for all aspects of the college’s operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels.
HCTC is a comprehensive, public community and technical college that empowers diverse learners, building self-confidence and leadership capacity for lifelong personal success and community enhancement. A member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, HCTC primarily serves Eastern Kentucky as a collaborative catalyst for blending Appalachian traditions with diverse global innovations.
Hazard Community and Technical College (HCTC) strives to be a world-class learning institution that inspires hope and transforms lives through progressive, learner-focused opportunities.
The College values an environment that encourages:
• Commitment • Innovation
• Community • Integrity
• Diversity • Leadership
• Excellence • Learning
• Heritage • Teaching
• Leadership abilities • Strong strategic thinking
• Integrity • Understands all functional areas of the college
• Effective communicator • Advocate for College at System, State and Federal levels
• Understands the economic needs of the community • Understands and appreciates the culture of the area
• Financial management and competencies • Ability to build relationships within the college community and service area
• Strong focus on student success to include K-12
• Team player • Experience with establishment of workforce development programs
• Ability to work with a Board and KCTCS President • Visionary
• Be highly visible and approachable on campus and in the community • Fundraising capabilities
• Places strong emphasis on the mission of the college • Appreciates diversity and fosters inclusiveness
1. An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university
2. Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
3. An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside the organization.
Applicants will submit for review the following:
1 A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications; and
2 A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
3. All application materials must be received by 5:00 PM EST on February 19, 2016.
The review of applications will begin February 22, 2016. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
*Please Note: All semi-finalists will be required to submit a 10 minute video presentation.
All nominations and applications should be addressed to:
KCTCS President’s Office
Attention: Jackie B. Cecil, System Director of Human Resources Job #9688
300 North Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383
For more information regarding this position, please visit the Hazard Presidential Search webpage at http://hazard.kctcs.edu/Presidential_Search.aspx
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability,
family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.