The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks an entrepreneurial, innovative and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of the Jefferson Community and Technical College in Louisville, KY. This leader will be responsible for achieving the student success, workforce readiness and campus transformation goals needed for JCTC to be a world-class community and technical college. This position will build upon and create partnerships with other higher education institutions, employers and the community.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than 70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC) is one of the 16 colleges. JCTC has 15,000 students, 6 campuses (3 in metro Louisville; 3 in adjacent counties) hundreds of Workforce Services clients and a $55M annual budget.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC) seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of entrepreneurial and strong leadership and accomplishments, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President. The president works closely with the JCTC Board and Foundation Board, comprised of a well-connected and engaged group of community leaders desirous of developing a top-in-the-country performing institution in student performance and community outcomes. The President is responsible for all aspects of the college’s operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels.
We open the door to quality education that promotes the economic and cultural vitality of our community, encourages all to discover and achieve their potential, and provides opportunities to turn dreams into realities.
Jefferson Community and Technical College will become an environment of hospitality and creativity where individual lives and human community can flourish through access to quality-driven, learner-centered education.
The College values an environment that encourages:
• Continuous Improvement
• Effective communicator
• Extensive experience working with diverse populations
• Effective advocate for the college at the System, State and Local Levels
• Effective resource manager
• Passion for the college’s mission
• A visionary with strategic planning experience
• Promote student learning, retention and accountability
• Effective user of data for decision-making
• Experience with capital projects and facilities management
• Transformational and innovative leader, able to drive change
• Successful record of establishing public and private partnerships
• Ability to connect with and inspire students
• Established trust in past professional endeavors
• Experience establishing workforce development and readiness programs
• Ability to build effective teams with all of the college’s
• Promote transfer, technical, and continuing education programs, employee groups and promote a culture of excellence
1. An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university or equivalent executive leadership experience
2. Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
3. An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside the organization.
4. Proven measureable performance in student success, acquisition of capital, and workforce development
Applicants will submit for review the following:
1. A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications; and
2. A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
3. All application materials must be received by 5:00 PM EST on August 3, 2015.
*Please Note: All semi-finalists will be required to submit a 10 minute video presentation.
All nominations and applications should be addressed to:
KCTCS President’s Office
Attention: Jackie B. Cecil, System Director of Human Resources Job #9643x
300 North Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.