POSITION: Executive Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs (PCN 00749780)
CLASSIFICATION: MnSCU Administrator 8
STARTING DATE: Approximately November 15, 2015 (negotiable)
APPOINTMENT: Full Time Unlimited
SALARY RANGE: $110,590-$119,097 (anticipated hiring range)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application review begins June 30, 2015. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Alexandria Technical and Community College invites applications and nominations for Executive Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs. The college serves approximately 4000 credit students and 6000 non-credit students annually and offers transfer education and a diverse mix of technical career programs. The college has a strong reputation as a leader with strong graduate job placement averaging over 96% annually, high retention and graduation rates, and outstanding collaboration with business and industry. The campus, located in Alexandria, Minnesota, is modern and well-equipped to deliver high-quality education to students. ATCC is a member of the Minnesota State College and University System. For more information regarding this position and college visit the position profile on the college’s website: alextech.edu/VP.
About the Area: Alexandria Technical and Community College is located in West-Central Minnesota in the heart of the lakes region. Alexandria is located on I-94, 2 hours Northwest of Minneapolis/St. Paul and 1 ½ hours Southeast of Fargo, ND. The community has more than 20,000 residents and is one of the fastest growing communities in Minnesota. In addition to the strong and diverse local economy featuring manufacturing, healthcare, education, service, retail, and tourism, the region features a quality of life and access to infrastructure that few micropolitan communities (populations of 10,000-50,000) can rival.
This position is designated within MnSCU as Chief Academic Officer and Chief Student Affairs Officer of the college. It provides broad strategic direction, leadership, and management to the Academic Affairs and Student Affairs functions within the college, which encompass Customized Training and Information Technology operations. The position works with the President and Leadership Council to align the college with MnSCU Board policies, directions, and targeted outcomes. The Executive Vice President maintains productive relationships with all segments of education, the community, legislators, and other state agencies. This position is expected to lead and enhance the diversity efforts on campus.
• Master’s Degree or higher.
• A minimum of five years of experience in academic administration or seven years of experience in a senior executive role with knowledge of higher education.
• Experience in administering or working with higher education policies and legal requirements sufficient to limit the college liability and to guide the college in decisions and processes.
• Knowledge and experience in leading organizational or program efforts in accreditation or professional certification processes.
• A minimum of five years of experience responsible for managing and reporting for budgets.
• Knowledge and experience with policies and practices relating to excellence in teaching: curriculum development; instructional program planning and budgeting; program innovation, assessment, program review, articulation/transfer and review; faculty and staff evaluation; data-based decision making, distance and online education.
• PhD, EdD, or related professional doctorate (or in progress).
• Demonstrated leadership abilities that have been documented with measureable results.
• Experience working in a system environment.
• Experience working with workforce development training.
• Experience in a non-metropolitan region.
• Three years or more of higher education teaching experience.
• Knowledge and experience in the areas of admissions, recruitment and retention, and overall enrollment management.
• Experience working with faculty in technical education and liberal arts programs.
• Leadership behaviors that have demonstrated support for academic freedom, shared governance, inclusion and participation in decision making, and equitable treatment of employees.
• Effective written and oral communications sufficient to develop and review academic reports and professional grants, to communicate effectively with internal staff and faculty, and to present the college effectively to external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated understanding and use of technology sufficient to effectively understand, support, and promote institutional decisions on the cost and effectiveness of existing and new technologies for the college.
• Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor others to accomplish continuously improving effectiveness of the leadership core of the college.
• Documented planning skills to develop and support strategic outcomes for the college, academic departments and support functions of the college.
• Demonstrates ability to work successfully with persons of diverse backgrounds including minorities and persons with disability.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
2013-15 MnSCU Personnel Plan for Administrators can be accessed at:http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/Admin_Plan_13_15_Final.pdf.
Apply online at www.alextech.edu/employment
. Click on Academic and Administrator Jobs link to apply. You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and copy of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
Benefits include health, dental, life insurance and retirement plan.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment.
This information will be made available in alternative format, such as large print or cassette tape, upon request.