Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC) is a learning-centered college that works closely with the surrounding community to develop and offer innovative and rigorous academic programs to meet the needs of a diverse community and student population. Serving residents of Somerset and Hunterdon County, New Jersey for over forty years, RVCC offers over 90 associate degree and certificate programs and a variety of customized training and continuing education programs.
Interim Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Raritan Valley Community College invites applications for the position of Interim Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, a full-time administrative position with the College. RVCC is a nationally recognized College that offers life-changing opportunities and experiences, as well as a distinguished faculty and a passionate staff that empower students to achieve their goals and realize their future. The College’s sustained excellence, fueled by our passionate caring spirit, makes for a stimulating, supporting, and enriching environment for students and faculty.
We are seeking an academic leader for a one year commitment. The College seeks a leader who has a demonstrated ability to collaborate with faculty, to encourage innovative teaching and learning, and, most importantly, to provide clear, strategic, and thoughtful goals for the future of Academic Affairs.
Directing the College's academic programs, including the development of curricula, and the implementation, coordination, and assessment of student learning outcomes and the assessment of all academic programs.
Assuming leadership of the College in the absence of the President; providing academic vision and leadership in the development of sound academic policy; and overseeing the development, quality, and operation of all academic programs and services.
Collaborating with the College's Deans, other administrators, department chairs, and faculty to develop a learning-focused environment that promotes academic innovation and student success through faculty excellence.
Providing leadership to ensure effective teaching and learning; establishing an environment that fosters academic innovation; and overseeing a comprehensive program of faculty development, including the performance evaluation of full-time and part-time faculty.
Recommending faculty personnel actions to the President, including appointments, reappointments, tenure, promotions, and sabbaticals.
- Earned doctorate from an accredited college or university.
- Significant academic administrative experience.
- Distinguished and demonstrated record of academic accomplishments and leadership.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to the multiple and complex goals of a successful community college like Raritan Valley is essential.
- Academic administrative experience at a community college.
- Significant teaching experience, preferably at a community college.
- Thorough understanding of classroom practices, including teaching methodologies, assessment systems and educational technology.
- Experience in curriculum development, outcomes assessment and faculty development.
- Experience in budget preparation and management.
- Commitment to providing quality student-oriented and student-centered services.
Current enrollment exceeds 7000 students, most of whom are enrolled on the College's 240-acre campus in North Branch, NJ.
Opening is immediate. If you are a passionate and engaged academic leader interested in contributing to an exciting and progressive college, please review the profile of the position and apply directly online:
Please direct inquires for questions and nominations to Nancy Moore, VP of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (908) 526-1200 ext. 8345.
We regret that we are unable to respond individually to each application. Applicants chosen for further consideration will be contacted directly.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/fm7hzhk