The primary purposes of the System Director for Career and Technical Education are:
• Implement the Minnesota State Plan for career and technical education in an intertwining partnership with the Minnesota Department of Education.
• Fulfill responsibilities as principal administrator within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system as sole state agency for the $20 million federal grant under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006 and successor legislation.
• Manage, under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006 and successor legislation, the funding, finance, programming and accountability for Perkins-eligible two-year colleges within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
The incumbent may serve, depending upon qualifications, as State Director of Career and Technical Education for Minnesota, and in this capacity, serve as the chief spokesperson for advocating career and technical education in Minnesota and nationally. In meeting the above purposes, the incumbent’s duties and responsibilities include oversight for secondary and postsecondary federal grant funds; management of budgets; development and implementation of college and state level accountability; management of special project funds; report writing and editing; communication with the U.S. Office of Education; collaboration with Minnesota State Colleges and Universities government relations on federal legislative issues; design and implementation of research projects; tracking issues and informing others of information related to Perkins legislation; preparation of briefing documents/position statements; and supervision of staff.
• Masters degree required in education, leadership or closely related field.
• Five years supervisory and management experience, including budget authority.
• Three years experience in Carl D. Perkins funding at the school district, college or state level.
• Knowledge of issues related to transition to postsecondary education, e.g., adult basic education, concurrent enrollment, postsecondary enrollment options, career pathways.
• Two years experience in educational grant administration.
• Significant experience developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with multiple education and workforce agencies and personnel.
• Experience developing and/or implementing educational accountability and evaluation systems.
• Experience in the administration of state or federal laws and regulations.
• Doctorate in closely related field.
• Secondary or postsecondary teaching or administrative experience in career and technical education at the secondary or college level.
• Project management experience.
• Formal training or experience conducting educational research and evaluation.
• Exceptional writing and communication skills.
• Demonstrated facilitation skills with multiple audiences addressing complex topics.
To apply for this position click on hte link below.
• Employment for this position is covered by the MnSCU Administrators plan which can be found at:
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.
Application Deadline: April 24, 2015