Executive Director of the Owens Community College Foundation
The Executive Director of the Owens Community College Foundation, in collaboration with the President/Chief Executive Officer, Director of Alumni Relations, and the Foundation Board of Directors, will serve as a College leader in raising private and annual revenue for the Foundation to provide for the current and future needs of Owens Community College and its students.
1. The Executive Director of the Foundation is responsible for designing and implementing the overall development strategy for the Foundation.
2. Responsible and accountable for meeting the annual fund development financial target goals, including the monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) associated with these goals.
3. Responsible for all donor cultivation, solicitation and donor recognition, including creating and tracking key prospect lists, submitting detailed monthly activity reports, and specific moves management strategies and progress updates. Responsible for managing a portfolio of major donors and coordinating visits, meetings and events between the President, Foundation Board members, and potential donors.
4. Works in concert with the President to coordinate a major and capital gifts strategy with approval and co-implementation from the President and Foundation Board of Directors.
5. Develops systems to encourage and increase Foundation Board involvement in annual and/or major gift fund solicitation, personal giving and donor recognition.
6. Consistently seeks to build relationships with the Foundation Board, donors, faculty/staff members, alumni, community partners, and student leaders. Is expected to attend all fundraising and key College and community events, and be active in relevant community initiatives.
7. Responsible for creating a Legacy Giving Program, for purposes of increasing the perpetual support for the College. This work could include the creation of an advisory committee, related policies and procedures, program events, marketing and educational materials.
8. Is expected to develop healthy and productive relationships with all internal stakeholders and departments. Should look toward refining a more effective and efficient system for sharing information, case successes and financial outcome data. Is responsible, along with the College leadership, to advance and grow an internal culture and commitment to philanthropy.
9. Responsible for leading and supervising the Development Office. This includes the Director of Alumni Relations and the Senior Administrative Coordinator. The Executive Director should be able to motivate and inspire others, have a positive perspective on work and relationships and be an asset in a dynamic team environment.
•Bachelor’s degree required.
•3-5 years demonstrated fund development and marketing/communications experience is preferred; demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills are required.
•Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
•Highly organized, creative and a self-starter.
•Computer literate; knowledge of email and Microsoft Office products required; experience with Raiser’s Edge (or equivalent CRM software system) is preferred.
•Must possess skills necessary to efficiently plan and implement activities within established policies and procedures; maintain positive working relationships; respect rights of others; demonstrate initiative and accept accountability; effectively manage time and communicate and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
•Should be accessible for meetings before and after normal work hours as necessary.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the incumbent.
Apply by April 10, 2015
Reports to: President/Chief Executive Officer
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
Hours: Full-time salaried position
Compensation: Based on experience
For a full job description, visit http://alysterling.com/asp-news/
Please complete the online application and upload a cover letter, resume, the names of three professional references and salary requirements by end of day April 10, 2015, to the Owens webportal: https://jobs.owens.edu/
[Click on the Full Time position button and select Executive Director from the list.]
Only applications submitted via Owens Community College’s Job Opportunities Page will be considered.
About Owens Community College
Owens Community College has served Northwest Ohio since 1965 as an accredited two-year, state-assisted institution of higher education with an open-door admission policy. With a commitment to providing small classes, personal attention and unmatched affordability, the College serves the diverse academic needs of credit and non-credit students on the Toledo-area and Findlay-area campuses, as well as at the Learning Center Maumee and the Learning Center Downtown Toledo. Owens offers associate degrees in the Arts and Sciences and technical program areas in Nursing, Business, Health Sciences, Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, Skilled Trades, and Engineering and Transportation Technologies. Owens Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and has 54 programs that are accredited through their own discipline-specific accrediting bodies.
About the Owens Community College Foundation
The Owens Foundation was incorporated in April 2002 and has over $3.5 million in assets. The Foundation Board of Directors currently is comprised of 24 community leaders from Lucas, Wood and Hancock counties. The mission of the Owens Foundation and its Board of Directors is developing and providing resources to advance the College’s overall mission of serving students and the surrounding communities. The Foundation is also dedicated to removing barriers to education by providing student scholarships and supporting growth and innovation at Owens.
Owens Community College Foundation Mission
Owens Community College Foundation develops and provides resources to advance the College’s mission of serving our students and our community. We Invest in Your Success.