The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks an entrepreneurial, innovative and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of the Owensboro Community and Technical College in Owensboro, KY. This position will be instrumental in strengthening existing partnerships with other higher education institutions and the community.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than 70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Owensboro Community and Technical College (OCTC) is one of the 16 colleges.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Owensboro Community and Technical College (OCTC) seek a visionary educator and entrepreneurial thinker, with a record of strong leadership and accomplishments, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President and works closely with the local Board of Directors. The President is responsible for all aspects of the operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels.
To cultivate lifelong learning opportunities through career degree programs, workforce and community development, and transfer-to-baccalaureate degree programs.
Inspire and empower individuals to enhance their lives through progressive educational experiences.
The College values an environment that encourages:
· Accessibility and Responsiveness
· Civic Engagement and Outreach
· Collaborative Partnerships
· Creative Thinking, Innovation, and Cutting-Edge Technology
· Cultural Diversity and Global Awareness
· Excellence in Liberal Arts, Technical, and Community Education
· Individual and Community Success
· Integrity and High Expectations
· Learner-Focused Faculty and Staff
· Learning for All Ages
· Safe Learning Environment
· Fundraising capabilities
· Positive leadership by example
· Communication skills that include students, community, faculty, and staff
· An understanding of, and appreciation for, the culture of the community
· Experience in a higher education classroom setting, and value teaching and learning
· Promotes student accountability
· Advocate for college at System, State, and Federal level
· Appreciates diversity and fosters inclusiveness
· Strong strategic thinker
· Visible, approachable, and responsive to campus community
· Knowledge of, and experience in, accreditation processes
· Values general education, tech education, and occupational training
· Financial management competencies
· Experience with capital projects and facilities management
· Passion for this position
1. An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university
2. Recent senior-level administrative experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
3. Person of high integrity and energy
4. Excellent leadership skills
Applicants will submit for review the following:
1. A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications; and
2. A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
The review of applications will begin April 6, 2015. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
All nominations and applications should be addressed to:
KCTCS President’s Office
Attention: Jackie B. Cecil, System Director of Human Resources Job #9640
300 North Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383
For more information regarding this position, please visit the Owensboro Presidential Search webpage at http://owensboro.kctcs.edu/Presidential_Search.aspx
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.