BIG SANDY COMMUNITY and TECHNICAL COLLEGE
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks an entrepreneurial, innovative and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of the Big Sandy Community and Technical College in Prestonsburg, KY. This position will be instrumental in strengthening existing partnerships with other higher education institutions and the community.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and 68 campuses across the Commonwealth. Big Sandy Community and Technical College (BSCTC) is one of the 16 colleges.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of BSCTC seek a visionary educator and entrepreneurial thinker, with a record of strong leadership and accomplishments, to serve as the next president of Big Sandy Community and Technical College. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President and works closely with the local Board of Directors. The President is responsible for all aspects of the operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels.
Big Sandy Community and Technical College, a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, is a public, comprehensive educational institution awarding certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees. As a progressive, learning-centered institution, the College offers accessible and affordable educational, cultural, and social opportunities. Utilizing diverse methods of instructional delivery and associated services, the College provides quality learning experiences for those preparing for entry into the workforce, transferring to a baccalaureate institution, and seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills. Big Sandy Community and Technical College also delivers customized training and services responsive to the workforce needs of citizens, businesses, and industries.
Empowerment through Learning.
The College values an environment that encourages:
· Diversity, cultural and global awareness
· Integrity and accountability
· Civic engagement
· Professional and intellectual growth
· Effective communication
· Analytical, critical, and ethical thinking
· Fundraising capabilities
· Positive leadership by example
· Communication skills that include students, community, faculty and staff
· Understanding of the role of community colleges in Economic Development
· Financial management competencies
· An understanding of and appreciation for the culture of the area
· Experience in a higher education classroom setting, and value teaching and learning
· Passion for this position
· Student focused (traditional and non-traditional)
· Advocate for college at System, State and Federal level
· Appreciates diversity and fosters inclusiveness
· Strong strategic thinker
· Visible, approachable and responsive to campus community
· Knowledge of, and experience in, accreditation processes
· Experience with capital projects and facilities management
· Understands and embraces technology
· Values both general education and tech education courses
1. An earned doctorate from an accredited-institution
2. Recent senior-level administrative experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience.
3. Person of high integrity
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Applicants will submit for review the following:
1. A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications.
2. A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
The review of applications will begin March 13, 2015. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
All nominations and applications should be addressed to:
KCTCS President’s Office
Attention: Jackie B. Cecil, System Director of Human Resources Job #9639
300 North Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.