Peralta Community College District
Admissions & Records Systems Technology Analyst
District Administrative Center
The Peralta Community College District is a two-year college system, dedicated to providing comprehensive educational and community services to the communities it serves, including the cities of Albany, Alameda, Berkeley, Emeryville, Oakland and Piedmont California. The District enrolls over 25,000 students in a broad range of transfer and occupational curricula. The colleges in the District include College of Alameda, Laney College, Merritt College and Berkeley City College, which operate under the governance of a seven- member Board of Trustees and are administered by a Chancellor/Superintendent.
Under direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor of Admissions and Records or designee, the Admissions and Records Systems Technology Analyst serves as functional liaison district-wide supporting specific SA (Student Administration) module(s) specific to admissions and records.
• Perform professional-level duties in the analysis, evaluation, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation, research, data compilation, and data analysis and prepare a variety reports and make recommendations district-wide.
• Update Term Session Table and Academic Calendar with critical term dates for each academic term.
• Activate the batch term process setting up criteria to term active eligible applicants for registration in the upcoming term.
• Set up enrollment appointment table and run process to assign enrollment appointments to continuing students.
• Oversee the process to enter transfer credit and test credit on a student’s record.
• Update run control criteria to create grade rosters at the end of each term, to post grades to student records, to run end of term academic standing list, and to identify Dean’s List, Honors and Awards list.
• Set up security for Peralta users; add module security access to new employee user profiles; define security profiles for SA system and supported roles and help coordinate administration of use security with IT ; troubleshoot security problems with end users and setup and correct secure SA security as needed.
• Liaison for Peralta to IT Security as the functional lead to communicate updates/changes to existing permission lists and roles.
• Maintain setup tables for additional values and functionality for Admissions, Student Records, and Campus Community modules.
• Maintain admissions, security, passport and personal email, web, and Open CCC communications and functionality in PeopleSoft.
• Develop, model, test and maintain the recruitment functionality in PeopleSoft.
• Develop, model, test and maintain the 3Cs functionality in PeopleSoft.
• Provide guidance to end users on application use and operating parameters, including assistance in updating and maintaining system data. Assist in the development of training material and provide training to functional end users.
• Communicate and coordinate with other SA module leads to insure appropriate integration of processes and modules across Campus Solutions.
• Analyze current systems; define and propose new or enhanced system functionality; test and maintain updates, patches and fixes; develop and maintain process documentation and procedures.
• Develop functional specifications for the development and configuration of changes; work with other SA module leads and IT to validate these specifications.
• Coordinate application changes across functions.
• Troubleshoot and rectify SA application problems. Recommend changes as needed.
• Assist with the identification and definition of new reporting requirements; write, modify and generate ad hoc queries and reports.
• Prepare summaries and reports, status reports, progress reports and problem reports.
• Participate in student administration system project team’s activities, tasks and meetings.
• Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information systems.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Two (2) years or more years of college-level course work in business computer applications, computer sciences, information systems or related field and three (3) years of increasingly responsible computer applications experience including the use and troubleshooting of large, complex software applications or information systems analysis and in the collection, analysis, data research, reporting and presentation of data.
2. Knowledge of operational characteristics and general functionality of student administration software.
3. Ability to conduct analysis, prepare reports and make recommendations.
4. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
6. Knowledge of and proficiency in the operation and use of personal computers utilizing word processing, spreadsheets and database management software programs (e.g., MS Office Suite, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerPoint) and the Internet browser, websites and e-mail.
7. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in computer sciences, management information systems or a closely related field.
• Experience working in a community college.
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations and guidelines, District policies and procedures as it pertains to admissions and records.
• Ability to operate the District’s management information system. (PeopleSoft)
• Ability to operate a personal computer using Excel, Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, PowerPoint, and other databases, spreadsheet, graphical and statistical software applications; operate modern office equipment.
For complete job description and to apply please visit our career site: https://peraltaccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/2181