The Louisiana Community and Technical College System invites nominations and applications for the premier leadership position of Chancellor at Bossier Parish Community College (BPCC), a world-class educational organization located in the burgeoning Northwest corner of Louisiana, that offers academic and workforce training in the greater Bossier City-Shreveport region.
One of the fastest growing two-year colleges in the nation, BPCC is a nationally renowned institution offering high-demand, high-wage programs aligned to the region’s growing economy. BPCC’s growth is associated with the unprecedented workforce demand, job growth, and economic development occurring in Northwest Louisiana and throughout the state. BPCC’s chancellorship is an opportunity for an individual who is a strong advocate for academic quality, service to students and workforce solutions.
Louisiana’s Community and Technical Colleges have set out on an aggressive six year public agenda entitled Our Louisiana 2020: Building the Workforce of Tomorrow. This public agenda was developed in response to the state’s economic forecast which calls for an additional 80,000 skilled workers over the next 10 years. The next BPCC chancellor must accept this challenge and work toward meeting the set goals.
The LCTCS embraces national best practices as essential qualities for a community college leader in selecting the new leader of BPCC. The new leader should be committed to student access and success, willing to take strategic risks, a strong team builder, capable of planning lasting internal change, results-oriented, an effective communicator, financially and operationally able, an entrepreneurial fundraiser, and able to develop effective external partnerships.
The Opportunities and Desirable Characteristics for the next Chancellor of BPCC include:
• The ability to develop and articulate a vision that is relevant to the needs of the region.
• A leader with an unyielding commitment to student access and success who understands the need to market and promote the value of both degree programs and workforce training.
• A strategic thinker who is willing to take strategic risks and will effectively articulate a road map for the College and bring in the necessary resources to implement and move forward to the next level of development.
• An educator who understands and supports the importance of K-12 education and the importance of Dual Enrollment.
• A commitment to use data and technology to inform decision making, implement change and balance the need to invest in both academic and workforce efforts.
• An exceptional communicator who will work collaboratively as part of a system-wide team, to build consensus and to advocate on behalf of BPCC.
• An advocate who can collaborate effectively with legislators, elected and government officials and community leaders on behalf of the College.
• An entrepreneurial fundraiser with a successful track record in all aspects of fundraising and working with a college foundation comprised of key leaders of business and industry.
• An individual with exceptionally strong finance skills and experience overseeing large and complex budgets.
For a full position description and application procedures, please visit www.bpcc.edu
. Salary and benefits are competitive. The target date for applications is: February 8, 2015. The position is open until filled.
Confidential inquiries regarding the application process or nominations should be directed to Julie Golder, J.D., Board Services Coordinator, 202-775-4466 (office), 202-384-5816 (cell) or email@example.com
. or Laurie Savona, Ed.D., Operations Officer for Search Services, 202-595-4300 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org