The Chief Academic Officer is a member of the College Executive Team responsible for the leadership and supervision of academics at the College. This includes all credit programs of study within both the transfer and the career & technical divisions. The Chief Academic Officer also supervises the Learning Resource Center and the off-campus instructional sites. The Chief Academic Officer is directly responsible to the President. The academic division directors, head librarian and instructional site personnel all report directly to the CAO.
1. Supervise academic departments, the learning resource
center, and the off-campus instructional sites consistent
with the College’s mission statement and institutional goals.
This includes overseeing the assignment of duties,
classrooms, offices, and work areas for instructional
2. Oversee orderly growth, development, and continuous
improvement of the curriculum.
3. Manage the instructional offerings of the College to assure
academic and fiscal stability and success.
4. Coordinate alternative instructional delivery, including e-
learning and dual enrollment.
5. Provide effective leadership of the College’s instructional
programs as related to the guidelines and standards of the
Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of
Colleges and Schools.
6. Promote academic integrity and create an effective teaching
and learning environment.
7. Ensure and facilitate the appropriate, orderly, and timely flow
of information from the instructional departments of the
College to the Executive Team.
8. Administer faculty policies and procedures.
9. Prepare and implement the annual plan for the Office of
10. Be responsible, with Division Directors and the Office of
Human Resources, for the recruitment and retention of full-
time and adjunct faculty as well as support personnel for the
instructional divisions of the College.
11. Coordinate the development of semester course schedules,
the College’s calendar, and the College’s Catalog.
12. Audit student graduation applications for program
13. Assist with professional development activities for College
14. Maintain a master file of current syllabi, textbook adoptions,
and final examinations for all courses.
15. Prepare final exam schedules.
16. Serve as a member of the College Leadership Team.
17. Assure compliance with applicable federal, state, and
College instructional regulations/guidelines.
18. Participate in College functions.
19. Coordinate grant activity for academic programs with
members of the Executive Team.