Lehigh Carbon Community College (LCCC) invites nominations and applications for the newly established position of Vice President for Enrollment Management. The College is seeking an experienced Enrollment Management professional with an extensive and successful record of meeting student enrollment goals and improving retention and graduation rates while providing a visionary and collaborative work environment throughout the campus and community.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President will be the primary enrollment professional overseeing the Office of Admissions, Office of Financial Aid, Office of Registration & Records, and Office of High School Connections. The Vice President will have a collaborative and collegial interpersonal work style which will enable connections across the College. The successful candidate must leverage knowledge and understanding of changing demographics to drive how LCCC will recruit, and to ensure the success of students from diverse backgrounds.
Serving as a member of the College’s senior management team, the Vice President will provide strategic leadership and operational management to develop and implement a comprehensive enrollment management program that focuses on sustained, positive results in recruiting, enrolling, retaining, and graduating an academically prepared student body.
Essential Job Duties:
· Supervise direct staff who counsel prospective students and parents regarding the availability of financial aid and the procedure for applying for financial aid.
· Oversee and lead team to provide and supervise customer service and counseling to prospective students regarding admissions and financial aid by contacting students by telephone, person to person, electronic and traditional correspondence.
· Supervise the direct staff who organize and direct admissions work by Admissions representatives, students, faculty, alumni and others.
· Achieve high levels of staff performance through effective recruitment, onboarding, and performance management.
· Identify processes to further design and develop the coaching model to pro-actively guide prospective students through steps of the enrollment process, coordinating activities to meet enrollment goals and deadlines.
· Direct the Enrollment Management Team and other campus groups to prepare recruitment programs and activities for main campus and all sites.
· Work cooperatively with the Director of Faculty Development and Student Retention regarding retention activities.
· Provide leadership to achieve strategic plan objectives related to enrollment management and student success.
· Develop enrollment goals, targets, and metrics for target populations and College locations; monitor, assess, and report progress to accomplish goals.
· Collaborate with the Office of Information Technology and the Office of Institutional Research, Planning and Assessment to develop a data system and analytical tools to support strategic enrollment management.
· Work closely with College Relations to develop communication and marketing strategies that contribute to successful recruiting and retention programs.
· Develop, articulate and implement a dynamic, anticipatory, forward-looking, thoughtful and comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan that aligns with the College’s strategic initiatives ensuring a strong link between student demand and College-wide priorities.
· Ensure the delivery of quality, student-oriented financial aid and enrollment services by developing and implementing efficient, effective, and integrated policies, procedures and systems.
· Build and maintain strong, collaborative and facilitative relationships with leadership across the College, working collegially with the Vice President for Academic Services and Student Development and members of the President’s Cabinet, the Leadership Team, faculty, and others to develop and implement short- and long-term enrollment plans including outreach to potential students, program marketing, student satisfaction, etc.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of the College’s comprehensive strategic enrollment processes including market research and segmentation, performance marketing, promotional strategies, recruitment tactics, admission practices, and enrollment advising to meet the College’s geographic diversity; and growing socio-economic and ethnic diversity.
· Establish strategic direction, priorities and goals for the overall strategic enrollment management unit making data-informed proposals and decisions and linking budgets and expenditures to measurable outcomes while seeking both standard and creative ways to achieve enrollment goals.
· Utilize technology and innovation to enhance enrollment and admissions/recruitment processes and deliver enrollment and registration services in a manner that reinforces efforts to recruit and retain students.
· Work collaboratively with the Office of Institutional Research to research, analyze, and produce regular business intelligence reports on the College’s enrollment and retention data and student characteristics and develop action plans to increase/correct those trends.
· Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines and external reporting requirements.
· Recommend and implement techniques and strategies to improve department policies, practices, budget forecasting, and communications to increase efficiency and access to services.
· Provide leadership for the development and management of the enrollment management budgets.
· Serve on President’s Cabinet.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
A Master degree from an accredited institution is required, a doctorate is preferred.
Must have seven years of senior-level administrative experience, with demonstrated success in developing and implementing strategies for the recruitment and retention of a diverse student body and also evaluating and improving recruitment, enrollment, financial aid, and retention from a data-driven perspective. They will have proven success in creating, implementing, and evaluating comprehensive enrollment, recruitment, and communication plans. Candidates will have experience leading a performance-driven enrollment and retention management team and supervising complex units in higher education, community college experience preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and unofficial transcripts (highest degree only) by September 26, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.