Application Closing Date: 6/8/2009
Anticipated Salary Range: Minimum $36,840 Midpoint $52,500
Hours: 8:00AM-5:30PM (M-TH) 8:00AM-1:00PM (F) Some evening and weekend hours may be needed
In this challenging role, you will support exciting new initiatives in student learning at Greenville Technical College. Working with the Title III Activity Director, the Developmental Studies Department Head, and the Dean of Arts and Sciences, your primary responsibility will be to support faculty working on redesigning courses in developmental studies as an integral component of a Title III Strengthening Institutions grant. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Assessing learning needs and establishing learning outcomes for courses and programs within the context of college-wide learning outcomes
- Designing/redesigning courses to include learning activities and assessments designed to support learning needs and outcomes
- Developing new course guidelines
- Piloting, implementing, and evaluating redesigned courses and programs
- Researching and promoting best practices in teaching and learning
- Assisting faculty with research and selection of technology
- Planning workshops and one-on-one training to assist faculty with incorporating technology
- Assisting faculty in determining appropriate benchmarks and goals
- Assisting faculty with the developing, piloting, and implementing authentic assessment of learning outcomes
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS A minimum of a Master's degree in Education or another directly related field and 2 years experience in curriculum management or development.
Masters degree in Curriculum Design, post-secondary instructional experience, and 5 years related experience in curriculum and instructional design, preferably in a community college.