The Executive Director of Development leads all College fundraising programs and activities. The selected candidate will provide leadership, strategy, supervision, planning, and direction in all areas of development, including fundraising, campaigns and activities, business partnerships, and all other programs for private and public financial support of the College.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Develop and set strategic priorities, goals, standards, procedures and policies for College Development activities. Create, implement, and sustain a strong Resource Development Plan that will support the vision, mission, goals and needs of Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ). Assure that Development activities are in compliance with FSCJ policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations.
Serve as Executive Director for the Florida State College Foundation. Work directly with this volunteer body to strategically recruit and train FSCJ Foundation Board members, develop financial and fundraising goals, and increase support for the College.
Implement fundraising and external relations efforts including
• Developing strategic and operational plans.
• Engaging potential donors and community members.
• Planned and Annual Giving
• Major Gifts
• Capital Campaigns
• Alumni Relations
• Corporate and Foundation Giving
• Donor Research
• Proposal Writing and Solicitation
• Cultivation of Non-Traditional Funding Sources
Implement long-range leadership strategies that foster an innovative, cohesive and progressive Foundation culture.
Engage in clear and open communication with the Foundation Vice President and Board for Institutional Advancement regarding strategic and operational objectives, expectations and emerging issues.
Recruit, hire, train, motivate, and supervise Development Office staff. Lead staff in donor research and analysis, including proposal investigation and cultivation research; establish and maintain long-term, high trust relationships with potential and current donors.
Responsible for personal and meaningful face-to-face visits with donors and prospective donors each month.
Serve as senior campaign strategist for scholarship and community partnership programs.
Supervise the production and publication of fundraising collateral materials, such as brochures, case statements, and electronic media in concert with College branding and marketing.
Work collaboratively with the President, senior administrators, Board of Trustees, staff and members of the College community to promote constituent engagement and build scholarship and business partnerships, ensuring coordinated efforts and message consistency in order to enhance FSCJ’s strong, positive community image.
Serve as primary steward of the financial resources of the Foundation and manage other assets responsibly.
Prioritize initiatives to meet annual income goals to assure that sufficient funds are appropriately distributed among specified scholarship programs.
Assure that all development activities are within budget limitations, fiscally well-managed, and cost effective. Perform post-event analysis for return on investment.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or a related field, from an accredited institution supplemented by three (3) years of related experience in fundraising resource development.
FSCJ seeks a dynamic leader who has:
• A successful track record of fundraising and growing an organization
• A keen ability to see the big picture and set goals, then create and implement a plan to reach those goals
• Strong leadership and management skills and experience
• Experience with board development, and expertise in volunteer management
• Innovative fundraising ideas and experience
• A sense of humor but is serious about the work of FSCJ
• The ability to roll up their sleeves and get to work.
Master’s degree in Business Administration or related fields from an accredited institution and five (5) years of successful fundraising and leadership; CFRE designation.
Demonstrated experience in the major aspects of fundraising including planning, development and successful implementation and outcome of these activities
Demonstrated success in fundraising required; record of achievement in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience and ability to use technology, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet, etc.
• Experience in Microsoft Office products preferred
• Experience with development/alumni software such as Raiser’s Edge
• Experience using development principles and best practices, understanding of current national standards and trends and development opportunities in Florida and Jacksonville, especially in higher education.
• General knowledge of contracts and grant writing.
• Ability to identify prospects for major gifts.
• An understanding of the mission of Florida State College at Jacksonville.
• An understanding of, and appreciation for, the nature and value of a public, nonprofit college.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Review of applications for this position will begin September 8, 2014 and continue until a candidate is selected. Interested candidates must submit a Florida State College at Jacksonville online application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of submitting an online application. Please visit https://Jobs.FSCJ.edu to complete the required online application.
Florida State College at Jacksonville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity affirmative action college. Florida State College at Jacksonville is a member of the Florida State College System. Florida State College at Jacksonville is not affiliated with any other public or private university or College in Florida or elsewhere.
Florida State College at Jacksonville is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the baccalaureate degree and the associate degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Florida State College at Jacksonville. The Commission is to be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support an institution's significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard.