This position is responsible for directing, coordinating, supervising, planning and organizing the financial, accounting, payroll, budgeting and cashiering/fee payment activities of the College.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Exercises control over all of the College’s budgets after adoption by the Board of Trustees and supervises the preparation of budget amendments.
2. Prepares and/or coordinates the preparation of financial and statistical reports for the Board of Trustees, State Government and Federal Government. These reports include, but are not limited to, the Annual Financial Report, Annual Cost Analysis, monthly vocational grant reports, monthly Trial Balance Summary, monthly and annual analysis of Operating Revenues and Expenditures, IPEDS Financial Reports, Report of Actual Services and Expenditures for Students with Disabilities, Intercollegiate Athletic Financial Report, Student Financial Aid Report and Workers’ Compensation Reports.
3. Prepares and electronically files the monthly cash requests for vocational grants and supervises the periodic requests for Federal funds and Public Education Capital Outlay Funds.
4. Supervises the preparation of certain monthly financial exhibits that are presented to the Board of Trustees and reviews them for correctness before each meeting.
5. Interacts directly with the IT Management to coordinate functional consulting, programming needs and all other financial computing issues for the College’s database.
6. Supervises the preparation of closing entries at the end of each fiscal year in order to prepare the College’s Annual Financial Report and the opening entries required to establish the books for the next fiscal year.
7. Prepares revenue and expenditure portions of the budget for Funds 1, 2 and 7 under the guidance of the Vice President, Business and Administrative Services. Incorporates these portions into the annual budget document with the assistance of the Manager, Financial Services.
8. Serves on various committees, as required for the position.
9. Approves all daily, monthly and other periodic entries to the official books of the College, including all journal vouchers, budget amendments and other adjusting entries.
10. Acts as liaison and provides administration for College banking services, including entitlements and authorizations for access and online banking services.
11. Plans and reviews cash flow in order to maintain proper fund balances. Authorizes required fund transfers on a daily basis.
12. Reviews and approves reconciliation of property records for transportable equipment with the general ledger and trial balance detail. Reconciles depreciation expense and reserves at year end.
13. Authorizes withdrawal of students for non-payment of fees due.
14. Provides oversight for accounts receivable collection efforts, the preparation of entries for write-offs at year end, and the reconciliation of accounts receivable to the general ledger.
15. Provides oversight of all payroll functions of the College that are under the direct supervision of the Coordinator, Financial Services.
16. Drafts and maintains documentation for Banner processes.
17. Approves drafts and updates to procedures and operations manuals for accounting, cashiering/fee payment and payroll.
18. Manages, coaches and directs all Supervisory staff in the Accounting, Payroll and Cashiering/Fee Payment departments to insure that critical functions are performed accurately and timely.
19. Assists the Vice President of Business and Administrative Services in policy evaluations and revisions relating to financial matters.
20. Provides the Vice President of Business and Administrative Services and senior management with reports and data requests as needed.
21. Acts as primary contact and liaison with external and internal auditors. Responsible for maintaining standards of internal control to insure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
22. Oversees the maintenance of all grant files and works closely with the AVP, Planning & Institutional Effectiveness and grant directors to insure compliance with grant requirements and related laws and regulations. Provides financial information as part of the reporting requirements.
23. Stays current with knowledge of IRS regulations, Florida Statutes and Florida College System rules and procedures pertaining to finance operations, as well as AICPA, GASB and NACUBO laws, rules, regulations, standards and guidelines, and disseminates same to College officials on a need to know basis.
24. Provides and maintains cellular telephone services and is accessible by cellular phone to the College at all times, except during duly authorized holidays and approved vacation, personal or sick leave.
25. Oversight and responsibility for delivering the Colleges investment portfolio in compliance with federal and state requirements and institutional processes and procedures.
26. Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree from an accredited university and five or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Supervisory Experience:
Five or more years of direct supervisory experience, including formal training in supervision, is required for this position.
• Certificates and Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant in the State of Florida required.
The job requires the employee to be bondable.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
The job requires the employee to be bondable and is subject to a credit check in accordance with the FCRA.
Department Name: Finance
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours
Continuing Contract Status: Not Eligible
Requested Start Date: Negotiable
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $70,665 - $91,154
Job Open Date: 07/25/2014
Open Until Filled: No
Interested applicants, please complete the required online application found at:
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.
SCF is SACS accredited. All searches subject to compliance with Florida Public Records Law. Equal access/Equal Opportunity institution.