The University of Massachusetts Amherst seeks applicants for the position of Technical Consultant for IT Associate Degree Program for a USAID-funded Afghanistan University Strengthening and Workforce Development Program (USWDP). The purpose of this consultancy is to provide additional technical support for the Associate Degree Program in Information Technology at Kabul Polytechnic University. In general, the Technical Consultant will review the already established curriculum for the first semester of the IT Associate Degree Program, work with faculty and the Steering Committee to develop the subsequent semesters’ curriculum of the Program, and strengthen the capacity of faculty members to do further course and curriculum development in the future.
Specific Tasks will include:
• Contribute to the development of courses, curriculum and learning materials for the Associate Degree Program in IT
• Review Laboratory equipment and software for relevance and adequacy
• Assist in identifying a potential Community College partner in US or elsewhere
• Review the administrative structure for the degree in support of admissions, student support, internships and other relevant areas.
• Help identify and facilitate linkages with potential employers
We seek a skilled and experienced professional who has the content knowledge of associate degree programs in IT and experience in developing and managing them. We prefer individuals who are familiar with Afghanistan or other conflict-affected regions and have worked on Associate Degrees in other developing contexts. At least a Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant content area is required for this job.
This task is expected to take up to 3 months with an anticipated start date on or about August 1, 2014. The appointment includes the provision of housing and security in Kabul as well as other benefits.
CVs and letters of interest must be submitted to the email address of (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration. To facilitate review, please include names and contact information for relevant references. The title of the position being applied for must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.