The Rockingham Community College Board of Trustees invites applications for the position of President.
- An earned doctorate degree from an accredited institution preferred, a minimum of a master's degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of three years senior-level administrative experience required, preferably at a community college or equivalent
Desired Traits & Characteristics:
- A commitment to excellence and student success and the ability to motivate and support others in their efforts to provide high quality and accessible programs and services to students
- A demonstrated record of visionary and effective leadership that includes balanced support for all programs and services across the College
- A visible leader who is accessible to all constituents within the College and greater communities and works well with students, faculty, classified staff, and administration
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with an ability to instill in others a passion for the mission and a commitment to the core values of the College and respect for its traditions and past success
- A record of decisiveness and good judgment in decision making that has led to effective and efficient advancement of the organization.
- The ability to build and maintain good community relations and be an effective fund and “friend” raiser for the college
- An administrator of high integrity who sets high standards for themselves and others and expects full accountability with evidence of ethical, fair and honest leadership
- Communicates effectively, possesses an open communication style with strong speaking, writing, and listening skills
- Ability to lead the development of effective partnerships between the colleges and business and industry, cultural entities, and civic organizations throughout the service area
- A consensus builder with a leadership style that allows others to perform their responsibilities and serve students to the maximum extent of their abilities
- A demonstrated a passion for the community college mission and an understanding of the unique role the college plays in the lives of students and the community served
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative programs and work with others to support the economic development efforts of the service area
- An understanding and appreciation of the proper relationship between the Board and the President
- Demonstrated outreach to underserved populations
- Willing to relocate to Rockingham County
Applicants must submit the following required documentation by 4:00 p.m. (EST) Friday, August 15, 2014, for first consideration.
· Application and Reference Form
· A Letter of Interest (not to exceed 5 pages) addressing the required qualifications and expectations
· Curriculum Vitae
Application materials must be mailed to:
Rockingham Community College
Attention: Ms. Joy Chappell
PO Box 38
Highway 65 County Home Road
Wentworth, NC 27375
Please allow ample time for delivery. Applicants assume full responsibility for the method of delivery selected and any resulting delays in delivery. Applications may not be transmitted by fax or e-mail.
All inquiries about Rockingham Community College or for clarification regarding application materials, contact Ms. Joy Chappell, Director of Human Resources, at (336) 342-4261, ext. 2265 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .