Position Type: Administrative
Closing Date: 7/31/14
The Vice Chancellor of Business & Fiscal Services serves as the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer of the District, reports to the Chancellor, serves as a member of the Chancellor’s Cabinet and is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all financial operations of the San Bernardino Community College District; including but not limited to, financial planning and budgeting, accounting and payroll, auditing, purchasing and contracts, facilities, risk management, environmental health and safety, energy administration, legal affairs and compliance and general administration; and advises District management on business and financial matters and the effective utilization of resources.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A Master’s Degree in accounting or business administration or a related field with significant course work in financial management.
1. A minimum of four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in general accounting, budget development, auditing, financial systems design, and facilities planning and development, including two (2) years at a managerial level, preferably in a college or governmental setting.
2. A sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and employees, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range is from $152,713 to $185,629 for 12 months of service (260 service days). Family medical, dental, and vision coverage, employee life insurance coverage (employee contribution variable depending upon plan selected), Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holiday, & Sick pay, Tuition reimbursement, Doctoral Stipend, Expense Allowance, and CalPERS Retirement (employee contributes 6% or 7% depending on current membership status).
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered an applicant, interested persons must submit ALL of the following documents:
1. Completed San Bernardino Community College District online Application. (Do not state “see resume” on the application form). Determination of applicants meeting minimum requirements will be based upon information provided in the SBCCD application. Resumes will be reviewed by the committee only after information satisfying minimum requirements have been listed in the SBCCD application.
Paper applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
2. A resume summarizing your educational and professional experience.
3. A cover letter explaining how your experience and background demonstrate that you meet the minimum requirements for the position stated in the posting.
4. A minimum of three (3) professional references and their contact information.
5. Unofficial Transcripts that show you meet the minimum educational requirement for the position. Only transcripts showing the awarded minimum required degree or higher degree will be accepted. Transcripts must be legible. Transcripts must be from a US accredited institution. Transcripts from outside the US must include an official evaluation for equivalency. Copies of diplomas will not be accepted in lieu of transcripts. Official Transcripts will be required upon hire. If possible, please highlight the area indicating the degree name/major and date awarded or conferred.
Applications that do not include all of these documents will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Posting Number: 2013P00183M
For more information and to apply, visit: