POSITION REPOST 7/17/2014
Job Title: Dean of General and Pre-College Education
Reports To: Vice President of Instruction
Location: Lakeshore Technical College ~ Cleveland Campus
Employment Classification: Full-time management position
As a member of the College’s Instructional Leadership Team, the Dean embraces an institutional perspective, which supports the College’s mission, vision, and strategic goals while fostering and creating an environment which is passionate about meeting and exceeding student and community and workforce development needs. The Dean is responsible for providing leadership, supervision, guidance and direction for all instructional programming, curriculum, services, policies, procedures, and personnel for the General and Pre-College Education division, Pre-College programs, and for providing leadership and direction for managers, faculty and staff assigned to the Library, Academic Support Center and Testing Services. This position will make a positive difference in the lives of students and the community by building a competitive workforce in an accessible and caring learning environment.
· Lead the development of new programs, program expansions and certificates.
· Provide overall leadership and evidence based research for the division’s strategic planning activities to align with the college’s Strategic Plan, Academic Master Plan, and continuous quality improvement processes.
· Provide direction for course scheduling and manage all instructional staff assignments with appropriate staffing levels.
· Lead the development of curriculum design and delivery of instructional programs and courses.
· Partner with faculty and support services to recruit, retain, and advise students.
· Oversee the internships for division programs and collaborate with Student Services on other internships and experiential learning.
· Collaborate with Workforce Solutions in meeting the needs of employers and students.
· Work with all areas of the college on systems and processes to meet customer needs and for continuous improvement.
· Administer shared program agreements.
· Develop articulation agreements with appropriate partners.
· Lead and/or support program specific accreditation and state review activities.
· Participate on college, statewide, program advisory and community committees and events.
· Develop and implement an annual divisional plan and develop, manage, and monitor divisional budgets.
· Conduct annual operational planning (prioritization, implementation and evaluation) in areas such as facilities, computer technology, equipment, etc.
· Develop projects, grants, and corporate partnerships to aid in program updates, modifications, and new program development.
· Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the division. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
o Design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff and faculty through the Employee Performance review; and reward and discipline employees.
o Be an active advocate for LTC in the community.
o Be active in the college by serving on committees.
· Foster an environment that values the diversity of ideas and people, and attracts and retains a culturally diverse faculty and staff.
· Provide 5 Star Service to all customers.
Education, Training and Experience
· Master's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline is required.
· A minimum of two years’ teaching experience using alternative delivery formats.
· Two years’ occupational experience outside the field of education is required.
· Five years of demonstrated successful leadership in an educational setting preferred.
· Leadership experience in career, technical and adult education preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Belief in the value of technical colleges as centers of educational opportunity, preparing diverse learners to meet the needs of the present and the future workforce.
· Student-centered philosophy and approach.
· Demonstrated skill in building relationships.
· Demonstrated written and oral communication skills including effective listening.
· Commitment to using student outcomes and competency/performance based on standards to assess effectiveness.
· Demonstrated skill in developing and evaluating academic programs to meet workforce needs.
· Ability to build consensus, to bring about constructive change using participatory processes, and to work effectively with diverse students, faculty and staff.
· Demonstrated skill in planning, budgeting, and resource allocation.
· Ability to successfully manage projects utilizing project management tools.
· Effective communication skills and ability to represent the College to internal and external constituencies.
· Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite. Must be able to quickly learn new technology.
** Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
· Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Salary/Benefits: Excellent Compensation Package
Beginning: Thursday, July 17, 2014
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than Thursday, August 7, 2014, 4:30pm.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety and submitted to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘Create/Edit Employment Application’ to create an account login. After a login has been created, click ‘Find a Position’ to access and apply for a position. To better supplement your online application; please include electronic copies of ALL college/university transcripts. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.