English Language and Technical Bridging Program
Saudi Electric Services Polytechnic, Saudi Arabia
Position Title: Senior Teacher Coordinator for Math, Science, Safety/Health
Start Date: Immediate opening
The Senior Teacher Coordinator (STC) reports to the Head of Department (HoD) and provides assistance in managing the training and administrative operations of the math, science, and safety/health (technical bridging) program component for male Saudi secondary school graduates ages 18–22. The position is immediately available at the Juaymah Training Center, and additional positions may be available at other SESP training centers in summer 2014. Subjects covered in this program include: science for the electricity supply industry; health and safety for the electrical supply industry; mathematics for the electrical supply industry; and technical drawing. The STC coordinates the technical bridging team and ensures that instructors are meeting the objectives of the curriculum and all required testing and evaluation for the program. He facilitates curriculum development under the guidance of the HoD and in coordination with the STC for English Language. He assists the HoD in teacher performance reviews and professional development and provides teacher training when relevant to program objectives.
- Substitute teach when a regular classroom teacher is not available
- Assist the HoD in supervising instructors and trainees to ensure successful delivery of quality teaching
- Provide technical and administrative guidance to both trainers and trainees
- Assist the HoD in coordinating quality assurance activities; includes program and curricula reviews, curricula development, testing review, and student achievement.
- Facilitate planning and conducting staff/program meetings
- Supervise timetabling and teacher class assignments
- Coordinate the administration of student testing and program assessments
- Coordinate with the STC for English Language to ensure that the English language and technical training program components are well integrated.
- Assist the HoD in undertaking faculty appraisal and professional development.
- Produce timely project reports on trainee progress and promotion.
- Support the HoD in ensuring that learning objectives are met
- Demonstrate professional behavior at all times.
- Demonstrate flexibility and commitment to the program and to student learning
- Fluent English speaker
- Citizen of USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa (subject to visa availability)
- Bachelor’s and master’s degrees in relevant fields from accredited Western institutions
- Two (2) years of relevant experience coordinating training courses, supervising, and/or training instructors
- Five (5) years of relevant teaching/training experience at the vocational, technical, secondary, or tertiary level
- Teaching/training experience with English language learners
- Previous residence in the Middle East and be familiar with life and culture in the Middle East preferred
Renewable one-year contract includes generous tax-free salary, furnished non-shared housing, transportation to work site, personal effects shipment, airline ticket(s), paid summer break and Saudi national holidays, health insurance, and end-of-service gratuity.
To apply: click on https://apply.amideast.org/ATS_CLIENT/ . Scroll to the Senior Teacher Coordinator job listing where you will be able to apply online. Once you create your account, you will need to upload your CV and a cover letter; additional documents will be requested from candidates being considered for interview. Kindly indicate the date you are available for work in your cover letter and/or in the relevant data field.