Delgado Community College
The Louisiana Community and Technical College System invites nominations and applications for the position of Chancellor of Delgado Community College, a world-class educational organization offering academic and workforce training throughout the greater New Orleans area. Delgado Community College is seeking an individual who is a strong advocate for academic quality, believes in providing exceptional service to students, and a proven leader with a demonstrated commitment to improving educational access, success and completion, inspiring faculty and staff, and collaboratively executing on a common mission and vision.
Delgado is renowned as Louisiana’s largest community college, serving individuals of all ages who reflect the diversity of the New Orleans metropolitan area. Delgado’s seven locations serve a 10-parish region in Southeast Louisiana. The college is the epicenter for professional and advanced career and technical education, academic pre-baccalaureate education, and workforce development training. Delgado Community College is poised for continued greatness, and the next chancellor can create a legacy by:
- Leading the college through a six project $200 million facility renaissance,
- Cultivating a partnership with the New Orleans Culinary & Hospitality Institute and growing the college’s renowned culinary arts program,
- Expanding one of the nation’s largest healthcare programs,
- Ensuring that the college continues to graduate record numbers of students, and
- Continuing the unprecedented community outreach and workforce development initiatives.
The Chancellor will be expected to display high integrity and trustworthiness and to provide the vision and courage needed to ensure the continued success of Delgado Community College.
Required Qualifications for the position include:
- Earned doctorate or terminal degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years successful experience at the Vice President or President/Chancellor level in an institution of higher education, preferably in a comprehensive community college
- A passion for the role and mission of community and technical colleges
- The ability to inspire and lead a complex organization
- A record of successful senior management experience in a fast-paced environment
- A commitment to ensuring appropriate linkages between career/technical education and the transfer mission of the institution
- Experience in listening to and engaging with multiple stakeholders
For additional information about Delgado Community College, please visit www.dcc.edu. For a full position description and application procedures, you may also visit www.lctcs.edu or www.acctsearches.org
The review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to submit a complete application prior to: Wednesday, April 9, 2014.
An Association of Community College Trustees Assisted Search
Confidential inquiries or nominations should be directed to Narcisa Polonio 202-276-1983 or email@example.com or Julie Golder 202-775-4466 or firstname.lastname@example.org