YUBA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Yuba Community College District invites applicants for consideration to lead Woodland Community College in its efforts to provide high quality education that fosters student success and lifelong learning for the communities it serves in an environment that values diversity, individuality, mutual respect, civic responsibility, and the free exchange of ideas. As a Hispanic Serving Institution that was accredited in 2008, Woodland Community College is seeking a courageous and visionary leader with an inclusionary leadership style and a willingness to work collaboratively with the communities it serves, the sister college, and the District.
EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT VACANCY
Final Filling Date: This position is open until filled; however, the first review of applications will begin on Friday, March 21, 2014.
LOCATION: WOODLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE
SALARY: $138,636 - $168, 912/YR. (Range 50, Management Salary Schedule)
COMMENCING: July 1, 2014
BASIC FUNCTION: The College President reports to the Chancellor and is a member of the Chancellor’s Executive Team. The President serves as the campus chief executive officer and assures that the College is administered in accordance with the policies adopted by the Board of Trustees, the regulations of the State of California, and the relevant requirements of the federal government. The President provides overall leadership and administrative authority for all aspects of the campus programs, including instructional and student services; supervision and evaluation of all staff planning and budgeting; technology; outreach and public relations; as well as coordination with sister college and District Services as delegated by the Chancellor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate must possess the minimum qualifications for Educational Administrators which will be both of the following:
• Possession of a Master’s Degree; and
• One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Lifting light objects
Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependent, valued at over $18,000 annually with currently no out of pocket expenses to employees or dependents for monthly premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the State Teacher’s Retirement System (STRS), 457/403b options, 12 sick days, 22 vacation days, 223 day/12 month contract.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE:
Applications are available from the Human Resources Office, 2088 North Beale Road, Building 100A, Room 21, Marysville, CA 95901, OR TTY (530) 634-7760 OR visit the Human Resources web site at: http://www.yccd.edu. A complete application includes: YCCD Management Application, Resume, Transcripts, EEO Statement and a Cover letter/letter of interest not to exceed six (6) pages which highlights the applicant’s qualifications.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure all application materials are received by the application deadline date. All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned, will not be copied and will be considered for this recruitment only. Faxed, emailed or incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
Interviews are tentatively scheduled for March 2014. Before a candidate is employed with the District, the candidate will be confirmed by the Governing Board; the proposed date confirmation is May/June 2014.
IF YOU REQUIRE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please contact the Human Resources Office at (530) 741-6975 OR TTY (530) 634-7760.
1. In the interview, consideration will be given by the Selection Committee to factors other than education and experience, including, but not limited to, apparent personal development, ability to work with others, initiative, and sensitivity.
2. Candidates should not expect official notification of the status of their candidacy until the administration has acted upon the Selection Committee's recommendation for employment.
3. The College reserves the right to investigate past employment records, including contacting former employers.
4. The College reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate Qualified Applicant Pool.
5. As required by the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the Yuba Community College District, the Personnel Services and Human Resources Development Office is required to maintain an Equal Employment file which will yield the composition of application flow by ethnic identification, gender and disability. The tear-off tab of the Application Form is provided for this purpose. Completing and returning this form is done on a voluntary basis by the candidate. If returned, the form will be detached from the Application Form and placed in our Applicant Flow File. This information will not be used as part of our recruiting process.
6. IMPORTANT: Any misstatements or omissions of material facts in this application or an interview may be cause for dismissal, if employed.