Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC), serving Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for forty years, offers over 90 associate degrees and certificates, customized training and continuing education. The College's 240-acre campus lies at the crossroads of central New Jersey in North Branch. RVCC is committed to being a learning-centered college that works closely with the community to develop and offer new and innovative programs to meet the needs of a growing diverse community and student population. Signifying a strong commitment to student success and completion, RVCC was one of 30 colleges nationwide selected for the Achieving the Dream 2011 Cohort.
The College is currently accepting applications for a Development Officer for the Foundation Department.
Report to the Director of the RVCC Foundation to implement strategies that will increase philanthropic support from individual donors; corporations and businesses; and foundations. The Development Officer will fulfill specific goals and targets based on individual portfolio of responsibilities to support the Foundation’s strategic plan.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Annual Giving Campaigns
- Identifies and cultivates giving programs with businesses, corporations and foundations. Monitors proposal deadlines, writes and submits appropriate proposals, and manages stewardship.
- Identifies individual prospects through field work, screening and research. Develops specific customized cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Oversees the preparation of gift acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Supports all aspects of event planning and logistical execution for: the annual Golf Outing that includes a major auction; winter donor reception; alumni events; and other special resource development events to accomplish event goals and realize net proceeds outcomes; also supports non-revenue, cultivation events like the Donor/Scholars Reception.
- Develops, organizes and implements Alumni Association communication and cultivation activities to invigorate and energize a college-wide alumni organization that is inclusive of affinity groups.
- Supports the Alumni Advisory Committee.
- Organizes and supports the selection process for the College’s annual Distinguished Alumni Award.
College Board and Faculty/Staff:
- Participates and assists in coordinating board meetings and committee meetings.
- Serves on College committees as appropriate.
- Oversees Student Enrichment Grants and College Community Fund grants.
- Supervises maintenance of donor and prospect constituent records in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Creates and produces customized income/tracking/analytical reports.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of fund-development training and experience required. Proven track record of grant writing and securing grants, managing the process from start to finish. Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals. Knowledge of prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to effectively. Communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community. Knowledge and proficient skill in Raiser’s Edge and skill in strategic database segmentation. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and maintain confidentiality.
Ability to handle multiple competing duties and projects, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines. Ability to prepare and manage budgets and resources. Knowledge/interest in higher education. Knowledge of the non-profit sector and fundraising as well as knowledge of foundations.
Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evening and weekend assignments as needed. Ability to handle confidential donor/constituency information with sensitivity and integrity.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
RVCC's starting salary and rank are commensurate with educational qualifications and experience. We also offer an attractive benefits package.
For consideration of the above position, please submit your cover letter and resume online:
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every resume received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.