Bay de Noc Community College is a student-focused, multi-campus institution serving the higher education needs of the south central Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The College is an AQIP institution committed to continuous quality improvement. Bay College takes pride in providing a quality education to transfer and occupational students at two campuses, online, and at other course delivery sites. Bay College was recently rated in the top 30 community colleges in the nation!
The Registrar endeavors to assure student success by providing services to students and instructors. The Registrar provides leadership for the Records and Registration Office, maintains academic integrity of degrees, is the custodian of all educational records, provides for continuous process improvement, and performs records office functions.
The Registrar must have or demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree in education, administration, or related field.
- Three years of experience in a registration/registrar's office in higher education.
- Extensive experience with administrative computer systems, SIS programs, and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to interpret problem situations and make decisions to allow for corrective measures.
- Ability to respond in a prompt and rational manner in stressful situations.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations and/or government law.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and supervisory skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of community colleges
The Registrar would preferably have or demonstrate the following:
- Master's degree in education, administration, or related field.
- Five years of experience in a registration/registrar's office in higher education, or two years as a registrar.
- Jenzabar EX experience.
- Experience with curriculum development and catalog production.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Records & Registration office in a manner that ensures Student success, i.e., degree completion and attainment of professional and person goals.
- Evaluate and implement best practices of registrars in the State and nation as appropriate for Bay College. Stay abreast of national standards and procedures for operations.
- Maintain all educational records for current and past students. Preserve transcripts, grade reporting, audits of degrees, enrollment reports, data for State and federal reporting, and provide for accuracy and security while maintaining confidentiality, FERPA regulations, and the Patriot Act.
- Provide for all registration processes to include course scheduling, registration, schedule changes, establishing of residency, federal/state regulations for grade reporting, enrollment reports, certification of graduation requirements, and informing students of course delivery details (online, hybrid, non-standard term, etc.)
- Maintain appropriate partnerships and liaisons with secondary education local organizations and agencies for articulations with Bay College.
- Involvement in State and national organizations to include MACRAO, AACRAO, and ACT.
- Assist students who fall under the SATE (Satisfactory Academic Time Expired) process, and Academic Jeopardy classification.
- Work with the Transfer Advisor to maintain Michigan Transfer Network course equivalencies, and compliance with intercollegiate articulations.
- Maintain the official College taxonomy of courses, including ACS and CIP codes, and GL Dept codes.
- Prepare the course schedule, academic calendar, and registration procedures for posting online and for publication.
- Monitor and maintain the Records and Registration online presence.
- Serve as RE module manager within Jenzabar EX; work with IT to maintain all aspects of module.
- Work with the Advising Module manager to maintain an electronic degree audit system and tracking of progress toward graduation.
- Direct and authenticate student graduation audits. Supervise correspondence with students regarding fulfillment of graduation requirements.
- Provide advising to students as it relates to graduation requirements.
- Prepare and distribute the official College catalog, including updating, formatting, and arranging for printing of the catalog.
- Work with IT staff for programs and documentation to provide students with new processes for ease, accuracy, and flexibility of registration and records functions.
- Assist with the preparations for and the execution of the Commencement ceremony.
- Participate as a non-voting member of the Curriculum Committee.
- Maintain the scheduling of academic classrooms.
- Supervise the continued implementation of features of the SIS related to Registration and Records functions.
- Develop and maintain a procedure manual for the Records & Registration Office.
- Review/evaluate the Records/Registration Assistant.
- Any other duties as assigned
This position supervising the Records/Registration Assistant
This position works under the general supervision of the Vice President of Student Services
$49,703 - $62,128 annually
Bay College offers the following benefits: health, life, dental, vision, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, Michigan Public School Employees Retirement Systems or TIAA/CREF, 403(b), YMCA membership, a Wellness Program, tuition reimbursement and professional development support.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with an hour lunch, extended hours as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud in areas of equipment operation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned into this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. Job related functions may be performed with or without accommodations.
Bay de Noc Community College has an online application system. To apply for this position, please visit the following link: https://baycollege.simplehire.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=50849