| Germanna Community College|
|Locust Grove, VA 22508|
Germanna Community College invites applications for an Instructional Designer position. The Instructional Designer serves as a consultant to instructional divisions and individual faculty and staff regarding the integration of technology into curricula; the development and implementation of technology enhanced instruction; the effective and efficient design of face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses; new faculty development and training requirements; and methodologies associated with the application of various technologies to teaching and learning.
The Instructional Designer provides support for college-wide uses of instructional technologies, organizes and provides college-wide faculty training and development. The Instructional Designer is a college-wide position and reports directly to the Dean of Distance Learning and Academic Support.
- Organize and conduct training for faculty and instructional staff in the use of technology-enhance instruction for academic courses, faculty and staff development and college programs.
- Play a leadership role in the consultation and production of courseware incorporating web-based interactions, digitized audio and video where appropriate
- Assesses faculty and staff needs for educational technology.
- Advises faculty in the selection and use of effective multimedia development tools and software
- Provides guidance for developing face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses, assisting faculty and academic divisions with revising and updating existing courses, adapting courses from one delivery method to another, and developing new courses.
- Monitors and researches new instructional methodologies and technologies applicable to instruction
- Performs other duties and functions as directed by the Dean of Distance Learning and Academic Support
- Master’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Two-years experience of teaching in either face-to-face or/and online environments
- Experience designing, delivering, and managing faculty and staff training
- Experience in effective pedagogical application of technology to teaching and learning with a strong educational technology background
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, collaborative, and communication skills
- Knowledge of computer and online technologies, multimedia techniques and tools, and educational software applications
- Web production skills including proficiency in web production software and instructional authoring software
- Ability to create and troubleshoot instructional content with applications such as Blackboard, Wimba, Impatica, Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Softchalk, Studymate, blogs, and others
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
Preferred Qualifications: A Doctorate degree
Salary: The College offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, Salary commensurate with experience and qualification
Application Process: Apply online at www.germanna.edu (employment opportunities) by May 1, 2009. Please note that ONLY online applicants are accepted and résumés and other required documents must be attached to the online system. Questions regarding the submission process should be directed to (540) 423-9056.
Please include a letter of interest addressing the position and your qualifications, a CV/resume, copies of transcripts verifying academic credentials, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Closing Date: May 1, 2009
An EEO/AA Employer.
|Research and Planning|
Contact E-mail Address
|4/7/2009 5:00 PM|