|Director of Workforce Development|
|Washtenaw Community College|
|Ann Arbor, MI|
Washtenaw Community College is seeking a Director of Workforce Development. The Director of Workforce Development provides the lead in identifying, marketing and delivering new and innovative training opportunities for county businesses and clients, and works closely with institutions and organizations that focus on regional workforce development, and industry specific training. The Director is also responsible for prospecting and identifying grant and foundation opportunities that support workforce training.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide visionary and hands-on leadership to the Workforce Development Department which includes supervision of staff assigned to various service lines of business including but not limited to the Client Solutions Team, Operations Team, Talent Development Team and Washtenaw Economic Club.
• Develop and recommend policies and develop operational plans for corporate training and workforce development in cooperation with the Executive & Administrative Leadership Team in alignment with the College’s Annual Goals and Objectives.
• Lead and manage the development and marketing of innovative educational and training services to business, industry and not-for-profit organizations.
• Oversee all budgets and cost centers within the department including annual budget development and required reporting to various college departments as well local, state, and governmental agencies.
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts and organizations within the community and the area in order to market the services and courses within the Division of Economic & Community Development.
• Responsible for spearheading alternative funding initiatives, to include conducting research and recommendation on government agencies and foundations that offer grant and project based funding, assisting in the development of grant and project proposals, consulting with agency and foundation officials to verify grant and project requirements, collaborating with staff to establish the program’s objectives and budget allocation and evaluating/reporting on program progress.
• Oversee the negotiation and management of county, statewide, and national company contracts and training agreements for Workforce Training.
• Maintain a working knowledge of industry trends and make recommendations for continuous improvement by active involvement in relevant professional organizations and groups.
• Collaborate with other units of the College to develop and deliver education and training for targeted learning communities.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with local, regional, and industry specific workforce development organizations.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or designee.
|Minimum Qualifications: ||
• Master’s degree in business, organizational development or related discipline.
• Equivalent of five (5) years full time experience in program development in adult and continuing education, training or closely related field.
• Demonstrated experience in leading and managing federally funded workforce development program contracts (i.e., Michigan Works! or other related federally funded programs) and WIA program development and management.
• Proven history of successful grant / contract development (from proposal to award) from various funders including local, state, federal, and private foundations.
• Extensive experience in business development, sales, and revenue generation in a team-based environment.
• Demonstrated fiscal management and acquisition skills to include budget development, grant development, fund management and audit.
• Experience in supervision and team-based management and experience managing a diverse group of projects and staff.
|Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Training, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Tuition Reimbursement|
|69,700 - 76,670|
Contact E-mail Address
|1/16/2014 12:11 PM|