Associates degree. Three years full-time experience in systems engineering. Knowledge of operating system installation, security, and configuration. Experience with application installation and end user provisioning and security, LDAP concepts, SAN concepts. Expert level knowledge of desktop and server patch management.
At least two of the following certifications: MCTIP, MCTS, VMware VCP, RHSA, NCDA, AIX. Two years of experience working with the specific systems can replace the certification requirement.Helpdesk certification preferred.
For best consideration, please apply by November 29, 2013.
- Provide technical support for ongoing projects within the Information Technology department.
- Serve as a member of the team which provides Tier III support to the Support Center, including the Help Desk.
- Assist with problem support for systems software and hardware support for problems escalated by the Support Center and Help Desk Analysts.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Perform information technology security risk assessments, incident response, and remediation.
- Provide support for upgrades, rollouts and special projects, and events, as required.
- Provide the highest level of technical support within the Information Technology department.
- Troubleshoot server problems.
- Ensure stability of Windows and Linux servers throughout routine maintenance.
- Coordinate new server software installations.
- Prototype new software.
- Maintain SAN and email environments.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.