Louisiana Community and Technical College System
The Louisiana Community and Technical College System Board of Supervisors invites nominations and applications for the position of President. The LCTCS President provides system-wide strategic management and support for Louisiana’s 11 comprehensive community and technical community colleges and two technical colleges (COE accredited). The LCTCS is one of the fastest-growing two-year college systems in the nation. The President reports to the Board which consists of 17 members and is composed of 15 members appointed by the Governor with consent of the Senate, two from each of the seven congressional districts with one at-large member. The System office is located in the State capital of Baton Rouge and is approximately 80 miles west of New Orleans.
The colleges consistently rank nationally in the top 100 producers of two year certificates, one year certificates, and associate degrees. Enrollment at our colleges has nearly doubled since 2007. In 2012-13 we served more than 101,000 students. Seven of our colleges have been named the fastest growing in the nation in their enrollment categories for the past three years.
The Primary Challenges and Opportunities for the Next President of the LCTCS Will Include:
· Build on the System’s current momentum and continue to respond to the educational and workforce needs of the State of Louisiana
· Implement ACT 360, including providing the leadership statewide to raise the $34.3M private match
· Work effectively with the Board of Supervisors, chancellors, college directors, system leaders, Board of Regents, university and K-12 partners, the administration and the legislature to continue to develop policies that meet the educational needs of Louisiana citizens and the economic and workforce needs of the state
· Achieve equitable funding representative of the System’s unique mission in order to provide a predictable and secure funding source
· Respond to the $60+Billion in industrial expansion in Louisiana by building on current relationships with business and industry and creating new partnerships to ensure LCTCS colleges meet growing workforce needs
· Support a performance-based culture within the LCTCS that is focused on student success, including the opportunities provided by the recently implemented IT system that governs all colleges (Banner)
· Grow a statewide culture of innovation and evidence-based accountability within community and technical colleges
· Create an environment in which colleges can quickly and nimbly respond to the changes in industry and technology, adapting appropriate curricula to deliver highly competitive, work-ready candidates
For a full position description and application procedures, you may also visit www.lctcs.edu or www.acctsearches.org
Salary and benefits are competitive. Interviews will take place the week of January 13, 2014. The position is open until filled.
Confidential inquiries regarding the application process or nominations should be directed to Narcisa Polonio, Ed.D., ACCT Executive Vice President for Research, Education and Board Leadership Services, (202) 276-1983 (mobile) or firstname.lastname@example.org. or Julie Golder, J.D., Board Services Coordinator, 202-775-4466 (office), 202-384-5816 (mobile) or email@example.com.