Executive Dean, Health Sciences
Closing Date: 11/29/2013
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Salary: Commensurate Upon Experience.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Criminal Background Check
Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
On a college-wide basis, to establish and maintain a teaching, learning, and working environment College-wide where faculty, staff, and students are appropriately served within available resources; to provide instructional leadership; to ensure the effective administration of assigned disciplines; and to promote College-wide instructional goals and objectives conducive to student success.
Vice President, Instruction
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Essential Job Functions: Provides leadership in developing, implementing, and maintaining curriculum and programs that respond to community needs, prepare students for success, and meet the external requirements of SACS, THECB, and applicable specialized accrediting organizations.
• Student/Faculty Issues: Provides leadership in addressing and resolving student complaints, grade appeals, academic dishonesty appeals, faculty complaints and grievances, employee complaints against supervisor, or other student, staff, or faculty issues, where appropriate.
• Curriculum/Instruction: Provides leadership and advocacy in the planning, implementing, assessing and ongoing improvement of all curriculum, courses, and programs within assigned academic areas. Ensures that all faculty within assigned academic areas are appropriately qualified. Ensures that programs comply with regulatory requirements and/or accreditation standards where appropriate. Convenes advisory committees, works with Grants Development Office, and maintains community partnerships in support of programmatic goals. Coordinates the development and maintenance of clinical affiliation agreements. Assists in self-study preparation and participates in program specific accreditation site visits.
• Management: Ensures consistent and appropriate application of administrative rules within assigned academic areas, including overseeing faculty evaluation processes, hiring of faculty and staff, course schedule development, planning and budgeting, safety, facilities, equipment and software needs, selection and supervision of department chairs and assistant deans, and preparation of reports as required. Supervises and evaluates support staff. Initiates and manages special projects and assignments. Participates in shared governance through service on College-wide councils and committees. Ensures student and faculty compliance with clinical placement eligibility criteria.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Demonstrated expertise in project planning, development and implementation.
• Presenting information and summary reports internally and to the public.
• Understanding of the community college philosophy and mission.
• Handling the demands and requirements of senior-level management in higher education.
• Effective leadership and ethics techniques, including Servant-Leadership.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Working in a collaborative manner with diverse constituencies.
• Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
• Working effectively with a diverse and multi-cultural student body and staff.
• Excellent communication, written and verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Providing leadership at all levels of the College.
• Planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving.
• Handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
• Planning and managing budgets and manpower needs.
• Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
• Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
• Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
• Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
• Five years related work experience.
• More than five years related Senior-level management experience in higher education.
• Master's degree in related area.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
To apply, visit www.austincc.edu/jobs