Position: Full-time, benefited, exempt staff
Location: Greeley Campus (College-wide)
- Manage daily operations of building and grounds maintenance, custodial services and utility/energy management and environmental services.
- Regularly manage direct reports including scheduling.
- Oversee computer based program development related to the management of repairs, remodeling and maintenance and operations of facilities and grounds.
- Develop and revise departmental procedures/practices.
- Monitor energy usage and develop programs to reduce energy consumption.
- Negotiate with vendors to insure proper quality and cost of purchases and materials.
- Develop goals and objectives for the department.
- Conduct departmental meetings/attend area meetings.
- Regularly manage reports including monitoring performance, coaching, team building and counseling.
- Inspect completed assignments to ensure that quality and customer expectations are met. Work with personnel to develop goals, objectives and professional growth.
- Set/verify schedules of supervisors, on-call personnel and custodial coverage.
- Maintain MS4 permit (Stormwater), Underground Storage Tanks (UST) and Above Ground Storage Tanks (AST) permits in accordance with State of Colorado.Write and review project proposals; develop specifications, initiate and negotiate service agreements; develop budgets and schedules; monitor work.
- Manage departmental Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS), monitor work order progress. Analyze data and prepare reports.
- Develop, submit, monitor annual operating budget; procure and coordinate contractual services; prepare work plans and cost estimates; assist with institutional planning and project forecasts; purchase supplies/materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management, Engineering, Construction Management or related field plus three (3) years experience in facilities/grounds management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Managerial experience relating to buildings and grounds in a multi-site educational facility.
- Knowledge of Safety, building) codes and/or regulations.
- Work independently; maintain confidentiality.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, as well as in a public setting.
- Prioritize multiple projects with skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Computer literate.
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet College insurability requirements.
- Must be able to pass a complete background check
- Ability to multi-task and handle a wide range of daily operational issues, and social groups.
- Must be able to be flexible and have demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies.
Salary/Benefits: $47,017 minimum annually depending on qualifications.
Competitive benefits currently include:
· Employer-paid premium contribution for health and dental.
· Employer paid long-term disability and life insurance premiums.
· Generous sick, annual, and personal leave time accrual.
· 13 paid holidays
· Tuition reimbursement/grant
· PERA employer (www.copera.org for comprehensive benefits). Voluntary supplemental retirement programs, vision insurance and tuition reimbursement available.
Application/Screening Process: All applicants must apply on line. Go to www.aims.edu
Please be prepared to submit the following on-line: cover letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements, resume, and copy of transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired. All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted.
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Contact: Aims Community College, Human Resources Department 5401 W. 20th Street, Greeley, CO 80634 Phone: 970.339.6670