The primary functions of Director of Human Resources position include, but are not limited to:
· planning, organizing, and managing the activities of the Human Resources Office;
· policy development and implementation;
· administering compensation plans based in both Board of Regents policy and CBAs;
· interpreting and administering the MUS benefits plan;
· supplying guidance and training on performance management;
· facilitating employee relations;
· establishing good working relationships with labor unions;
· ensuring compliance with state and federal human resource regulations, and campus CBAs;
· providing opportunities for organizational development.
This position supervises a Recruitment/Payroll Specialist.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Political Science, Public Administration, or a related field by the start date and two (2) years of progressively responsible HR experience, five (5) preferred. (Additional years of experience, and/or possession of credentials from SHRM will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree).The successful applicant will have state government and/or higher education experience; experience in collective bargaining in the public sector; a strong knowledge of employment laws for the state of Montana; and recent experience in performance management and disciplinary procedures. The successful applicant will also have a strong background in job evaluation and classification processes. Evidence of proficiencies in the following areas are required: (1) oral and written communication, (2) public speaking and presentations, (3) analytical and organizational skills, (4) managing interpersonal relations, (5) experienced judgment and decision-making, (6) mediation and conflict resolution, (7) personnel management and supervision, and (8) skills and experience in project management. *Alternate combinations of experience and significant progress toward education will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our website: http://umhelena.edu; to apply for this position.