DIRECTOR of LIBRARY SERVICE
Evelyn S. Field Library
Raritan Valley Community College is currently seeking a Director, Evelyn S. Field Library. The Director provides the overall leadership and management for quality library services to students, faculty, staff and community patrons of Raritan Valley Community College. The Director is responsible for acquisition, maintenance of library materials, the day to day operations, budgeting, reference, interlibrary loan, circulation, technology, technical services and staffing. The incumbent has oversight of the instruction for students on research, the evaluation of information sources and the expansion of awareness of library resources.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Developing, planning and implementing the goals and objectives for the continuous improvement of library resources for all library patrons. Responsible for the maintenance of the collection. Sets policy that maintains a current, vital collection by reviewing and reporting the use of all library resources, including databases, electronic books, reserves and special collections.
• Oversee the integrated library system. The RVCC library utilizes Innovative Millennium for cataloging, acquisition, serials management, and circulation and OPAC services in a shared system with the local county Library.
• Responsible for building and maintaining awareness of research resources and services, identifying new research resources. Provide for workshops concerning information access and evaluation utilizing faculty expertise in the selection of library materials that support the curriculum.
• Develop and maintain an assessment plan for library services. Responsible for the maintenance of the library facilities, providing an inviting library environment, and schedule of operations that meets the needs of the students and other patrons.
• Manage library services for online students and satellite campuses.
Develops strategies and program for community outreach and is the liaison to the Somerset County Library.
• Master’s of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited institution. Minimum of five (5) years experience as a department supervisor in and academic library preferably in a community college setting. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills;
• Organizational, analytical and strategic planning skills.
• Current knowledge of academic library operations, systems, policies, procedures, standards and trends. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the use of technology including, digital formats and knowledge of access and navigation tools and approaches.
• Knowledge of integrated data systems in particular, the Banner system is desirable.
RVCC's starting salary and rank are commensurate with educational qualifications and experience. We also offer an attractive benefits package.
For consideration of the above position, please submit your cover letter and resume online:
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every resume received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.