SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Dean of Student Affairs & Wellness (RE-ISSUED)
Posting Number: 0130093
Filing Deadline (All postings close at 4:00 PM): 08-26-2013
Job Type: Administrative - Dean
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides operational oversight and promotes accountability and leadership in the development and review, and ensures compliance with federal and state legislation of the educational code and direct regulations of the College student affairs and wellness programs, operations, and activities.
2. Collaborates with Student Development and Academic Affairs Deans to implement and ensure the delivery of quality student affairs and wellness services.
3. Prepares annual goals for the student affairs programs and services, participates in planning activities, and facilitates completion of goals to ensure all related accreditation standards are met.
4. Serves as the primary contact for local, state, and federal agencies in matters pertaining to student affairs and wellness; and assumes responsibility for the completion of all necessary state and federal reports.
5. Develops policy recommendations supporting student learning and success, advocating for their approval through the governance structure, the administrative structure, and the Board of Trustees.
6. Develops, implements, and manages a student affairs accountability model in conjunction with the Vice Chancellor of Student Development, Student Development and Academic Affairs Deans, and appropriate student development chairs.
7. Provides leadership in the development and meaningful assessment of student learning outcomes (SLOs) that leads to the improvement of student learning and services.
8. Develops new financial resources for student affairs and encourages and supports proposal writing.
9. In compliance with District guidelines, recommends, implements, and monitors multiple budgets for assigned areas to ensure that the departments/programs remain fiscally sound and operate within their allocated budgets.
10. Directs and provides leadership for the Academic Achievement Program including the following services: Dean's list, Dean's list certificates, Dean's scholarships, Transfer/Common Application submissions, and Dean's recommendations and referrals.
11. Manages and provides administrative direction in the administration of the College's Awards and Recognitions Program and the Commencement Ceremony.
12. Oversees student services and programs that enrich students' experiences, fosters
their personal development, promotes leadership and social responsibility, such as Student Leadership Program L.E.A.D., DiverCity Festival and Program, and the Eco "Green Scene" for Sustainable Students Program.
13. Responsible for the development, establishment, and implementation of policy and procedures for an updated, comprehensive student grievance resolution process for a mediation/dispute resolution program to address student conflicts and complaints.
14. Responsible for the development, establishment, and implementation of the student code of conduct to address campus student discipline issues.
15. Implements the system of due process for students by:
a. Providing general information on student due process rights and responsibilities.
b. Informing students of their rights and responsibilities, reviewing appeal procedures. c. Documenting and processing student complaints.
d. Investigating and documenting student disciplinary actions, including conducting informal and formal hearings that may result in student suspension and/or dismissal.
e. Investigating and processing student grievances and advising accordingly.
f. Reviewing and investigating police reports of misconduct by students.
g. Disciplining students who disrupt instruction or threaten members of the college community, taking appropriate administrative action.
16. Conducts the evaluation of instructional policies and procedures, such as Student Due Process Grievance Procedure and Grade Review Process, and makes recommendations for changes based on federal and state regulations and legal decisions.
17. Serves as the intercollegiate liaison between students and the Student Development Offices, Counseling Departments, Student Health Services, Student Activities Office, Title 5/EEO/ADA Compliance Office, the Campus Police and the College community in communicating student discipline and due process policies and procedures.
18. In accord with District policies, contracts, and procedures, hires, supervises and evaluates the Director of Student Health, the Associate Dean of Student Activities, and assigned classified staff; ensures resources and opportunities are allocated for their training and professional development that promote academic excellence and high standards in specified skills.
19. In accord with District policies, contracts, and procedures, manages the professional conduct of assigned personnel and collaborates with Employee Relations in resolving employee disciplinary matters; serves as the administrative grievance officer in employee discipline processes.
20. Promotes a work culture aligned with the College's mission to promote the delivery of customer service, innovation, and quality services to students, employees, and the community.
21. Attends national, state, and local conferences and workshops.
22. Serves on District and state-wide committees as assigned including participating collegially on CCSF Participatory Governance committees.
23. Attends Board of Trustees' meetings; makes presentations and submit reports and action items related to areas of responsibility.
24. Attends national, state, and local conferences and workshops.
25. Performs additional administrative duties and services as requested and assigned.
To apply, please visit our website at http://jobs.ccsf.edu