Director of Student Health (Re-opened)
(Office of the Vice Chancellor of Student Development)
San Francisco Community College District
Posting Number: 0130047
Filing Deadline (All postings close at 4:00 PM): 08-16-2013
Job Type: Administrative - Director
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In collaboration with section coordinators, manages assigned personnel including staffing, orientation and training, performance management, and completing competency assessments.
2. Maintains clinic and lab policies and procedure standards to meet compliance with appropriate external regulatory bodies such as State clinic licensing board, OSHA, and CLIA.
3. Facilitates data-driven performance improvement activities for assigned units including improvement initiatives, Health Disparities Collaborative efforts, patient and staff satisfaction, and unit safety activities.
4. Collaborates with Medical Director on patient care issues as requested/necessary.
5. Provides leadership to section coordinators, faculty and staff in their assessment of student/service learning outcomes as they relate to programs and services.
6. Assesses staff productivity yearly utilizing organizational or industry standards.
7. Provides leadership and engages department personnel to assess new technologies and software to improve and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency to the workplace.
8. Assures adequate and efficient workflow in the assigned units.
9. Monitors clinic provider schedules on a regular basis, and collaborates with section coordinators and certificated staff to assist in adjusting support staff as needed to meet provider demand.
10. Participates in the development of the annual operating budget; responsible for monitoring compliance with visits, and revenue and expense projections on a semester basis.
11. Performs public relations and patient liaison activities, including conflict resolution, complaint disposition, and patient survey administration and reports.
12. Monitors and approves supply and equipment requisitions. In collaboration with appropriate classified staff, coordinates purchasing and inventory management of supplies and equipment.
13. Oversees daily receipt reconciliation, deposits to E104, and petty cash.
14. Coordinates and maintains the environment for assigned units including performance of fire and emergency drills, life safety checks, equipment checks, and other monitoring activities as appropriate.
15. Serves as liaison to external insurance and managed care organizations producing and providing information relating to assigned unit.
16. Attends appropriate District-wide meetings including designated Board meetings, management, and performance improvement meetings; attends external meetings, groups or events as appropriate to the scope of the position.
17. Participates in community relations, marketing and fund raising efforts of the organization with approval of Vice Chancellor of Student Development/Dean of Student Affairs & Wellness.
18. Manages all aspects of Medi-Cal Administrative Activities (MAA) program; including but not limited to representing the District to Local Educational Consortium (LEC), training, time survey management, data reporting, budget management, audit preparation.
19. In collaboration with nurse practitioner coordinator, provides leadership and on-going management of Medi-Cal Family PACT program, including current regulatory changes, enrollment, billing, and fund management for audit.
20. Seeks grants and other financial opportunities to keep the department budget in balance.
21. Demonstrates successful ability to acquire and administer external funding for support of programs including willingness to collaborate and bring in both public and private entities to enrich CCSF SHS programs, and services.
22. Serves as the liaison between senior administration and the various departments and programs to affect decision-making, resolve problems, and anticipate and respond to future needs.
23. In collaboration with the section coordinators, Student Development administrators, and Educational Center Deans, provides outreach services to the college community on the Ocean campus and the educational centers.
24. Provides clinical consultation to NP's, LCSW's, PhD's and MD as needed.
25. Maintains an understanding of current ideas, research, technology, and practices pertaining to areas of responsibility through study and participation in professional organizations.
26. In compliance with District guidelines, recommends, implements, and monitors multiple budgets for assigned areas to ensure that the department/program remains fiscally sound and is operating within its allocated budgets.
27. In accord with District policies, contracts, and procedures, supervises and evaluates assigned faculty and classified staff; reveiws and approves documents/forms necessary to effectuate assignments and pay of personnel under their superivision, i.e. assignment forms, time sheets, leave of absence forms, etc.
28. In accord with District policies, contracts, and procedures, manages the professional conduct of assigned personnel and collaborates with Employee Relations in resolving employee disciplinary matters; serves as the administrative grievance officer in employee discipline processes.
29. Promotes a work culture aligned with the College's mission to promote the delivery of customer service, innovation, and quality services to students, employees, and the community.
30. Serves on District and state-wide committees as assigned including participating collegially on CCSF Participatory Governance committees.
31. Attends Board of Trustees' meetings; makes presentations and submits reports and action items related to areas of responsibility.
32. Attends national, state, and local conferences and workshops.
33. Perform additional administrative duties and services as requested and assigned.
To apply, please visit our website at http://jobs.ccsf.edu