St. Louis Community College is the largest community college system in Missouri and the second largest institution of higher education in the state with current credit enrollment each semester of almost 30,000 students. The College is a charter member of the League for Innovation in Community Colleges and is accredited by the North Central Association/Higher Learning Commission.
The College includes four campuses, three education centers and district administrative offices enrolling 29,230 students. We offer 15 college-transfer and 90-plus career programs in the areas of art and design, business, civil and community service, engineering and technology, health and office professions; plus continuing education, developmental, and business/industrial training programs. The College employs 1,400+ full-time faculty and staff and 2,300+ part-time faculty and staff.
· Serves as the assistant to the Chancellor relieving Chancellor of a wide and complex variety of administrative details as assigned.
· Handles sensitive documents and information that require problem solving and discretion.
· Functions as an advisor, researcher, planner and writer with a variety of specific areas of responsibility that are often confidential.
· Advises the Chancellor on policy, procedural and operational issues of the district; may be charged with leading the operationalization of strategic initiatives for the Chancellor.
· Performs duties necessary to develop strategies and coordinate ongoing contact with elected officials, agencies and other groups to support visibility, image and financial support for the College.
· Works with consultants to support federal, state and local efforts. Closely coordinates activities with the presidents, vice chancellors and other members of the Leadership Team.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Five (5) or more years of relevant full-time experience in the public sector required, strategic communications and/or public policy in the corporate, nonprofit or higher education sectors
· Broad knowledge of community college organization, operations, policies, practices, goals and mission
· Master’s degree preferred
· All candidates must complete an online application at http://jobs.stlcc.edu/postings/2223
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.