St. Louis Community College invites applications for the position of Compliance Officer and Internal Auditor. St. Louis Community College is a multi-campus district comprised of four campuses and six satellites serving 718 square miles of St. Louis city and county and portions of Jefferson and Franklin counties.
This position reports directly to the Chancellor.
Primary duties include:
· Serves as the chief compliance officer and internal auditor for the college.
· Works with administration to understand, develop and implement policies and procedures as it relates to risk assessment, audits, internal controls, monitoring activities and grant compliance in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
· Prepare and present reports on audits pertaining to material assets, manpower, grants and college operations; experience with fraud prevention and detection.
· Evaluates the overall system of control for the college; performs both scheduled and unscheduled audits for the college’s programs and practices.
· Coordinates efforts with external auditors to assure maximum efficiency in accomplishing audits; conduct special project reviews or investigations when necessary.
· Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field with five (5) years full time relevant experience.
· Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Must be objective and maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Knowledge of COSO, business risk assessment, fraud prevention and detection, best practices and development of policies and procedures.
· Professional designation of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and grant compliance and internal auditing experience highly preferred.
This position offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information about qualifications for the position and to apply, visit us at http://jobs.stlcc.edu/postings/2000