|Florida State College at Jacksonville|
The District Board of Trustees of Florida State College at Jacksonville invites applications and nominations for the position of College President
. Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) is a public four-year state college serving the citizens of Northeast Florida. The College’s five campuses and three centers are located in Duval and Nassau Counties with administrative offices in downtown Jacksonville, Florida.
With state-of-the-art campuses and centers, an engaged faculty committed to teaching and mentoring, and degree programs designed to propel students as leaders in their field, FSCJ is a leader in higher education and an economic development engine for the region. The College serves more than 66,951 students (2011-2012, FLDOE Fact Book 2013) and employs over 1,200 full-time and part time faculty and instructors who are supported by a full- and part-time administrative, professional and career staff of 1,400 employees. Additional information on Florida State College at Jacksonville may be viewed at http://www.FSCJ.edu.
The District Board of Trustees seeks an accomplished individual for College President who has the energy, commitment and ability to effectively lead, listen to, work with, engage and inspire the faculty, staff, and students and who has a demonstrated record of:
- Commitment to and experience with promoting the highest standards of learning, teaching, and scholarship and with serving the educational and workforce needs of citizens within the community.
- Passionate advocacy for the value of public higher education as well as a demonstrated commitment to open-access, affordability and academic excellence.
- Success as a senior leader in a collaborative work environment with evidence of progressive responsibility in a large, complex organization that includes but is not limited to experience with an appointed Board, as well as with regulatory or accrediting agencies, and the media.
- Experience providing oversight in the development and management of complex budgets in compliance with applicable federal and state statutes.
- Demonstrated skill in fund-raising and the management of outside revenue sources.
- Superior interpersonal skills, approachability and a proven ability to adeptly handle multiple competing demands.
The preferred candidate for the Florida State College at Jacksonville College President position will have the academic credentials, reputation and credibility to lead the College with integrity and high ethical standards. Personal characteristics such as resilience, compassion, openness and optimism have been identified as key to successfully leading the College into its future. A demonstrated understanding of the interdependency of higher education innovation and entrepreneurship and local, state and national economic development will be critical to the College President’s ability to create and enhance the partnerships necessary for community growth.
Minimum Qualifications: A master’s degree from an accredited institution and ten years of senior leadership experience in a large, complex organization.
Preferred Qualifications: An earned doctorate and faculty experience with demonstrated record of success as a college or university president; evidence of leading successful business, community and educational partnerships; and a record of bringing increased resources to the college or institution.
For additonal information please visit our FSCJ College President Search
|Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Salary and benefits are negotiable|
|Dr. Jeff Hockaday|
Contact E-mail Address