MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years progressive experience in alumni/development, fundraising, marketing, business development, community relations, sales, or a related field. Master’s degree and at least two (2) years of experience in educational fundraising and/or major gifts solicitation strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong computer skills and knowledge of donor database and research applications, preferably Raiser’s Edge. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong, solid working relationships and to interface with external constituents, students, volunteers, trustees, other campus personnel. Grant writing an management success. Major gift and management success. A working understanding of various types of planned gift instruments. Experience working with a capital campaign is a plus. Excellent problem-solving, research, and analytical skills. Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in major gifts giving, solicitation, philanthropy, and capital campaigns. Previous supervisory or management experience, strongly desired. The individual must possess a working knowledge and compliance of fundraising guidelines and donor Bill of Rights.
1. Fundraising- Develops strategies and approaches to generate ever-higher levels of giving. Grow an effective annual giving program as part of the College’s comprehensive development strategy. Forges relationships with donors and sows seeds for annual donors to perpetuate their giving through major gifts and planned/estate gifts. Planning, developing, identifying, cultivating, and executing strategies for obtaining private donations; Researches, establishes, and maintains an active portfolio of prospective donors. Identifies, writes, and submits various proposals to external funding sources, including corporate, foundation, and government grants. Coordinates and facilitates donor movement within the team. Prepares correspondence, proposals, and other documents as needed. Plans and implements appropriate annual giving efforts. Assists in the development of a comprehensive campaign. Meets an annual revenue target by working with and managing an assigned donor portfolio.
2. Management and Leadership- Develops and implements an annual plan for departmental operations. Provides strategic information and guidance to assist in developing goals, plans, and procedures. Works collaboratively with administration, faculty/staff, and external constituencies to further the fundraising efforts of York Technical College and the YTC Foundation. Works with volunteer leadership and the York Technical College Foundation to reach annual philanthropy goals.
3. Alumni and Community Relations- Initiates, coordinates, and manages activities and programs that facilitate meaningful connections between the College’s Alumni. Actively seeks opportunities to be involved in the community; acts as an ambassador of philanthropy. Facilitates on- and off- campus publicity of major gifts and donors with Strategic Communications and Marketing department to include providing information for and writing articles for development publications, campaign materials, press releases, the Foundation Office website, and alumni communications. Coordinates and manages special events. Provides oversight and management of alumni relations activities for the College to increase alumni participation and ongoing alumni interest in the College. Plans and organizes meetings to foster the development of alumni groups/clubs; formulates procedural guidelines and plans related to an alumni organization.
4. Innovation and Stewardship- Leads strategic planning for communications activities that support relationships between the College and its external constituents. Develops and coordinates an effective program for recognition opportunities, involvement, and stewardship of major gift donors. Creates strategies to market to new and prospective donors. Plans and coordinates donor recognition activities and special development events.
5. Performs other duties as assigned and/or related to the College Advancement division and the College as a whole.
To apply, please complete an on-line employment application at www.yorktech.edu/hr or come to the Human Resources Department, 452 South Anderson Road, Rock Hill, SC 29730, to complete an on-line employment application. Applications accepted until July 19, 2013.
YORK TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE EMPLOYER.